Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 October, 2012, 11:43:45 AM
Quote from: Zarjazzer on 20 October, 2012, 11:02:07 AM
Bring back Modpleton!

He never really went away, he's been right here all along.  In our hearts.

Pah! We don't mean we want him back in your crappy, metaphysical, transubstantiation way. That might work for Jesus and E.T, but we want Roger to be able to reach out to each and every one of us ... and tell us that our taste in comics, music, films and telly is crap, and that we're old men wasting our lives pursuing an interest in a dwindling sub-culture. That's what we want.

Bubba Zebill

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

TordelBack

"Each Diplodocus dotes on you
Each Stegosaur adores
None be finer
Captain Dinosaur"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FMj0sJPlB48#!

Satanist

Is Diplodocus Dip-plod-oh-cus or Dip-low-dow-cus?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: sauchie on 19 October, 2012, 08:03:05 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 19 October, 2012, 07:12:01 PM
Post-contact American history is so incredibly compressed. Similarly Back to the Future III always amazes me.  The contrast in Hill Valley between 1885 and 1955 - just 70 years, one lifetime!

Ditto the bits in The Wild Bunch and Young Guns 2 which feature cars. Even Paul Newman's bike in Butch Cassidy seems as anachronous as Burt Bacharach and Hal David on the soundtrack, but history does not easily separate into dicrete eras. I remember being confused watching an American High School film where some of the kids were wearing flares and some were rocking skinny jeans, and my Dad having to explain that not everyone ditched their bell bottoms on the evening of the 31st of December 1979.

Consequently, I have an acutely detailed mental map of the trouser-based fashion developments of my own time, since I realised that this kind of specificity was where the true history of a time could be found, rather than the dry records of the succession of Kings and Queens. I would devote a paragraph to the journey from dark blue skintights, to straight-leg stone/snow-wash, to the 'baggy' (gathered in ankles with a fastening strap and stud), to the Flinstone jean, to 'vintage' 501's (with or without a designer tear in the knee) - but I don't want to derail the thread.

Pah! I can remember being openly laugh at in the street for wearing striaght leg levi's in the 70s( pre-punk), you had to go to a specific shop, wait until the older woman was serving then ask her for levi striaght legs, I also remeber being chased down the street and narrowing avioding a kicking for wearing homemade bondage troosers ( white skinners taken in to tightasfeck with white pallet straps sewn on... now you ask)
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 October, 2012, 02:34:54 PM
I also remeber being chased down the street and narrowing avioding a kicking for wearing homemade bondage troosers ( white skinners taken in to tightasfeck with white pallet straps sewn on... now you ask)

Hands up who wants photos of Punky Proudhuff?  :thumbsup:

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 October, 2012, 03:11:34 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 October, 2012, 02:34:54 PM
I also remeber being chased down the street and narrowing avioding a kicking for wearing homemade bondage troosers ( white skinners taken in to tightasfeck with white pallet straps sewn on... now you ask)

Hands up who wants photos of Punky Proudhuff?  :thumbsup:

DDT did a job on me

shaolin_monkey

Has anyone noticed how the Dredd in the Dredd vs Zombies advert in the banner above resembles the leader of the Ant Hill Mob?

WhitBloke

I'm sure you're right and all but I'm just not seeing it... but I do see this...

(So I've hopes for a new Harlem Heroes strip when Visible Man keels over.)
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Tiplodocus

Quote"Is Diplodocus Dip-plod-oh-cus or Dip-low-dow-cus?"
I say "Tip-low-doh-cus".
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bubba Zebill

I have nothing to add.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Goaty

I wonder who wears the white gloves...?  :-\

von Boom

Eye of the Tiger, man.

Modern Panther

Best advice I've ever been given:

when you're having difficulty understanding what people are telling you, hang the dressing gown on the hook, place the towel by the panel, put the mail on the towel, then press the button.