Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Denton

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 June, 2017, 11:25:54 AM
Quote from: Steven Denton on 28 June, 2017, 11:00:45 AM
I've never understood how throwing Mama out the window helps. if her pulse stops (either via death or dead signal) surely the bomb goes off? if not Dredd could just walk her out the door.

It's an active trigger, i.e.: the bomb goes off when it gets a definite signal that she's dead, not a passive one that goes off when it stops getting a continuous signal that she's alive.

So he could just walk her out. seems like a poor choice of trigger.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Steven Denton on 28 June, 2017, 11:36:38 AM
seems like a poor choice of trigger.

Except that the passive trigger would detonate the bomb if the signal device got damaged, if she took it off, or if she walked into a room that interfered with radio signals.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steven Denton

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 June, 2017, 11:56:35 AM
Quote from: Steven Denton on 28 June, 2017, 11:36:38 AM
seems like a poor choice of trigger.

Except that the passive trigger would detonate the bomb if the signal device got damaged, if she took it off, or if she walked into a room that interfered with radio signals.

I thought that was the idea (except the interference, that's a risk but the plan is a last ditched high risk one) Dredd can't shoot it off and destroy it because that would cut the signal off and detonate the bomb, he can't take it off her by force because it would detonate the bomb and he can't remove her from the room because that would detonate the bomb.

It's either useless because she can just be removed from the room and killed out of signal range (as violently happened seconds after she reveals her device), or risky because it will detonate if it's Wi-Fi drops out.

The Legendary Shark

She has to die for her crimes to send a message to the rest of the block but she must also die out of range of the transmitter, so throwing her to the atrium kills two birds with one stone.

The bit that doesn't really fit, as Jim says, is giving her slo-mo as well (which may even be a crime - giving someone an illegal drug).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 June, 2017, 12:23:08 PM
She has to die for her crimes to send a message to the rest of the block but she must also die out of range of the transmitter, so throwing her to the atrium kills two birds with one stone.

The bit that doesn't really fit, as Jim says, is giving her slo-mo as well (which may even be a crime - giving someone an illegal drug).

That's how I always saw it - she was sentenced to death anyway; no matter how or where it was going to happen.  The Judges of the movie MC1 are a little bit more liberal, for want of a better word, with dealing out executions and torture than the Judges we grew up with.  The forced slo-mo inhalation does seem excessively vindictive, true, but this Dredd isn't quite the Dredd of the comics.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ABCwarBOT

I'm an impatient git.  I wanna see some concept art.

Goaty

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Goaty on 29 June, 2017, 02:50:09 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 29 June, 2017, 02:07:39 AM
I'm an impatient git.  I wanna see some concept art.

Then reading 2000AD.

Funnily enough I just picked up the latest issue but haven't looked at it yet.   

Tjm86

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 29 June, 2017, 09:33:07 PM

You sure it was 2000ad you picked up then?   ;)

Smith

Prog,never an issue.Tharg scoffs at such earthly terms.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Tjm86 on 30 June, 2017, 06:59:39 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 29 June, 2017, 09:33:07 PM

You sure it was 2000ad you picked up then?   ;)

Damn!   I knew I should have looked closer when I picked it up,   It says Caravaning Monthly on the cover not 2000AD.  :o 

A.Cow

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 01 July, 2017, 12:57:17 AM
Damn!   I knew I should have looked closer when I picked it up,   It says Caravaning Monthly on the cover not 2000AD.  :o

It's an easy mistake to make.  They both look very similar.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: A.Cow on 01 July, 2017, 08:15:39 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 01 July, 2017, 12:57:17 AM

It's an easy mistake to make.  They both look very similar.

That's the best thing I've seen all day.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ABCwarBOT

Steve Green