Main Menu

Progs from 1980

Started by Swerty, 11 June, 2023, 10:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swerty

Showing my age here but this year was the golden era for me.I've been looking at buying progs and they suddenly seem now overly expensive.
How I wished I'd kept hold of them all those years ago

Halo572

Only if you buy them singley from idiots on eBay who consider them rare and fancy themselves as dealers or from dealers.

You can set a search - which is probably too large to do - or just look through for lots on a regular basis.

It is quite normal to find lots going cheaper than the singles, it just takes longer.

Don't get into bidding wars and pull out if it goes too high.

I have a full run of both 2000ad and Meg and know they are no long term investment.

A lot of magazines can commonly be bought for £1 a copy outside of properly rare, I only saw a lot of 80s yesterday of acceptables at 99p reserve not met.

From memory there were 50 issues.

Even the most recent pandemic out of stocks that can go for £20 can be bought for £1.

One of the problems as a seller on eBay is that many infrequent sellers can devalue a valuable item in a couple of listings.

A £30 unique item can easily become £5 as listers who have no idea what they are actually worth devalue it..  As a buyer exploit it.

Be patient, it just takes time, maybe years and don't believe you are buying a rare investment.

Colin YNWA

By thoughts on the 1980 Progs, so my Self Absorbed reread thread... so a suitably self absorbed self reference!

Tjm86

I've got an odd stack of duplicates from the 80's with gaps in places.  If they were going to a good home where they were appreciated then I'd be happy to pass them on to forumites for sensible prices.

If folks have specific issues they are after, let me know.