Main Menu

The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Started by rogue69, 29 September, 2021, 08:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I'm hoping [spoiler]Grogu picks up the lightsaber, hacks off Luke's remaining good hand for being such a killjoy shithead, grabs the armour, steals a spaceship, and teams up again with Mando, ready for season 3[/spoiler].

Richmond Clements

That was a fun episode. And I shouted out loud when I saw [spoiler]Cad Bane[/spoiler] walking out of the desert.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: sheridan on 03 February, 2022, 08:48:24 AM
Re: the ship.

As is pretty obvious, it's a bit small for a bounty hunter (unless that bounty hunter is only going to be collecting heads, which isn't exactly Mando's style).  Though seeing as [spoiler]Boba has left the bounty hunter life behind, perhaps the impractical ship is foreboding of something similar for Mando?  And it's the perfect size for a little Grogu, if Grogu picks the mithril above the lightsabre[/spoiler].

I did notice a clear dome/wee cockpit where the Astro Droid should be so there's space for a small copilot in there!!
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Mardroid

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 February, 2022, 12:46:04 PM
I'm hoping [spoiler]Grogu picks up the lightsaber, hacks off Luke's remaining good hand for being such a killjoy shithead, grabs the armour, steals a spaceship, and teams up again with Mando, ready for season 3[/spoiler].

Another really good episode, but I'm not all that keen on [spoiler]Luke's depiction. I'm not talking about the CGI. It is a bit uncanny valley, but I expect that, more certain characteristics. Luke is very prequel Jedi-ish in this series and comes across rather wooden.

Someone made a good point in discussion on another site I go to, stating that maybe he needs to be like this here so that he can see that it ultimately fails to reach the stage he is in Last Jedi. But I still think he is too much. I don't see him as cold, like others have mentioned, but he doesn't really feel like Luke to me. The delivery of his lines didn't help. I think Legends did him better, but I accept I might  just be bringing my preconceived fanboy notions to the character. (I was accepting of his portrayal in TLJ though, so I'm pursuadable.)

In reference to my comment about him being too prequel Jedi-ish, I guess it could be argued he is trying too hard to be what he thinks a Jedi should be based on his studies of the prequel Jedi, rather than just trusting his instincts and being. Kind of casts Yoda's line about "try not. Do" (something he quotes at Grogu in this episode) in a new light. Maybe he should be taking his own advice.[/spoiler]

The Legendary Shark

[spoiler]Luke never went through proper Jedi training, so he's really winging it. I think he's trying (maybe subconsciously) to reconcile the Dark Side with the Light Side because one can't really exist without the other and the only real option is a balance between the two.[/spoiler]

Another good episode, though - even though the better episodes of The Book of Boba Fett so far have been the episodes that didn't feature Boba Fett so much...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 03 February, 2022, 01:45:52 PM
That was a fun episode. And I shouted out loud when I saw [spoiler]Cad Bane[/spoiler] walking out of the desert.

I agree and the continuing references/characters from the clone wars means there could be many more of these moments as both the Mando and book of Boba continue. However [spoiler]Cad Bane is a formidable foe that the combined efforts of Anikin
& Canobi could not really defeat (only foil)! What chance does an ageing Boba & Mando have?[spoiler]  I look forward to this battle.

IndigoPrime

On a certain character, [spoiler]the delivery was one of the big problems for me. Luke felt less present than Grogu. That is a big, big problem. And given that Hamill has done loads of voice work, it was strange how detached, remote and wooden every line from him felt. Poor direction and production, perhaps, but combined with the abysmal pacing, it didn't help much in what was otherwise a solid episode[/spoiler].

You know, I'm starting to think we should have a new board rule that if you wade into a thread about a currently running series and spot spoilers, tough. All these black bars are ridiculous. An admin can always flag the thread as containing spoilers.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 February, 2022, 11:10:04 AM

You know, I'm starting to think we should have a new board rule that if you wade into a thread about a currently running series and spot spoilers, tough. All these black bars are ridiculous. An admin can always flag the thread as containing spoilers.

Agree

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 04 February, 2022, 11:39:50 AM
Agree

Likewise. If the thread is clearly discussion of a currently-running series, just avoid it if you haven't seen the latest episode. I mean, if you have info (or possibly spoilery-speculation) about upcoming episodes then maybe fall back on a spoiler block, but if you're just talking about an episode that's aired, have at it...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Re. Episode 5 and 6 - yeah, serious jump in quality here.   I got a particular thrill out of seeing a Larry Niven ringworld and its night / day plates in action.

I'm not half as well versed in Star Wars lore as most of you, but that blue Clint Eastwood alien was just brilliant.

Pity Luke had to be such a cock about Mando's present to Grogu. 

Anyway I left out the spoiler tags here because you guys are right.  If you don't want it spoiled don't read the latest posts about it. The change in direction in TBOBF was a huge surprise to me but a welcome one , and it wasn't spoiled because I avoided the thread till I'd caught up.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 February, 2022, 12:08:30 PM
Pity Luke had to be such a cock about Mando's present to Grogu

I know it's a plot key to force Grogu into a decision but Luke accepted a very personal gift of his Fathers light sabre and that didn't stop him training as a Jedi- but maybe did not make him a very good trainer until he lost it in Empire.

sheridan

Spoilers as a concept aren't quite as cut and dried as that though - in the old days everybody would see the latest episode at the same time - nowadays people tend to see them over the course of a day or two, depending on time zone, work shifts, etc.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 February, 2022, 12:08:30 PM
Pity Luke had to be such a cock about Mando's present to Grogu. 

New Jedi hubris.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Yeah spoilers in this thread should be fine. You have to make a decision to click into this thread. When spoilers show up in your social media feeds it's entirely appropriate to get mad because that's the response social media has been designed to provoke.
You may quote me on that.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 04 February, 2022, 12:26:01 PM
Spoilers as a concept aren't quite as cut and dried as that though - in the old days everybody would see the latest episode at the same time - nowadays people tend to see them over the course of a day or two, depending on time zone, work shifts, etc.

Yeah, but I think spoilers are fair game here because you can avoid them by not reading the thread — it's not like Twitter or Facebook where your feed is splattered with open spoilers from the minute an episode finishes from the earliest possible start time. I don't watch BoBF until Thursday, so I stay off this thread until then. Now I'm a digital subscriber to the Prog, I stay off the review thread until I've read comic on Wednesday.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.