Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Brigand Doom vs. Shadows Round 3 Heat 8

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 May, 2022, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Color me surprised at the amount of Doom votes here. It's Shadows by a country mile.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

What's more surprising is the amount of people voting out of the shadows
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

maryanddavid

I dont remember much of either, but I do remember not liking Doom and liking Shadows. So Shadows it it!

rogue69

Magnetica

Colin YNWA

Another vote that shows just how close more and more votes will become as the quality of the thrill elevates through the rounds. No idea - get them last day votes in and I'll tell ya the winner when I actually count things in the morning.

JayzusB.Christ

Shadows for me.   I really liked it.   Brigand Doom was fine but suffers from comparison to its clear inspiration. You know, the one by that beardy guy.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Pete Milligan day here. Two of this stand alone thrills have triumphed. Different stories but both dealing with one of his key themes identity smartly and with real flare and imagination. Shadows only real problem is how many stories, beyond 2000ad, have taken similar ideas that it can read as over familar when revisited. Enough folks remembered it was one of the first to deal with this to get over some great and deserved affection for Brigand Doom and particularly its deep, atmospheric art so perfect for the story.

Shadows

will be the thrill asking us questions in Round 4 however.

broodblik

Both these should be collected sometimes good  for a floppy or two
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

Aye, it's difficult to believe that neither of them have graced a floppy, even.

Shadows has the stronger story, and Brigand Doom the stronger style, but they're both worth a second look. Well, perhaps not Account Yorga-Vampire.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

Damn, missed a coupla good votes last week.
Would have Plinked for Brigand Doom.