Main Menu

Showing Meg covers in Barney by year

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 August, 2022, 05:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Okay a request for help... bit of an odd one, but all will become clear.

I'm trying to list all the Megazine covers in Barney by year. Now this is easy enough to work out for the Prog but for the Meg as they are listed in volumes I can't figure it out?

Does anyone know if its possible? I've tried a few variations on that used for the Prog but can't make that work for the Meg... any help appreciated...

Richard

The format on Barney for the first 200 issues is volume number, decimal point, issue number, for example 1.1

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 13 August, 2022, 06:12:52 PM
The format on Barney for the first 200 issues is volume number, decimal point, issue number, for example 1.1

Go that much. Alas its showing all Megs from 1990, all Megs from 1991 etc that I need, rather than the individual issues.

Funt Solo

If you're trying to figure out which Megs belong to which year I can tell you that, but next week cos I'm on vacation from my spreadsheets. Or you could reverse engineer that info from the Dredd pages on the 2kstages site.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 13 August, 2022, 08:26:28 PM
If you're trying to figure out which Megs belong to which year I can tell you that, but next week cos I'm on vacation from my spreadsheets. Or you could reverse engineer that info from the Dredd pages on the 2kstages site.

Thanks I've got the issue numbers covered. Just wondering if there's a neat way to display them on the live site so folks can link through to the issues if they want.

Might not be possible, but worth an ask.

I, Cosh

I don't think there's any way to do this. With Progs, you can add a FirstProg and LastProg value to the URL but Megs don't work the same way because of the volumes.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 13 August, 2022, 09:27:23 PM
I don't think there's any way to do this. With Progs, you can add a FirstProg and LastProg value to the URL but Megs don't work the same way because of the volumes.

Thanks Cosh - I did wonder if I was missing something but it seems not. Oh well I've a back up plan and the Shop has the megs from 2003 onwards by year so only 13 years to cover... if you'll excuse the pun!