Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Hoagy on 21 November, 2014, 03:59:16 PM
The Evil Within- is a game that feels all game players really want from their games is to have life made even more difficult for them. This game does nothing to help you enjoy it. The visuals hud are uncomfortable as are the default controls. Nothing lets you get comfortable and being sickened and pissed off by what you see and have to go through does not a scare make. I hate this game. And in return I want to defeat it. In casual mode.

Sorry to hear that; I had high hopes for this, but received a similarly negative review from a mate of mine.

I might skip it and wait for Silent Hills.

Hoagy

Well it's not on new gen format it is on a previous gen I play it. It eats a massive dose of memory storing it, yet continues to heavy load, and be careful where you die should have been a game characteristic long dismantled. I've been playing the sprawling Prototype 2 just previous to this game and it's jump on and play aspects couldn't be further from T.E.W.s.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Goaty

Red Dead Redemption, not play that for years, so play it tonight, love it!! One of best zombies games!

CheechFU

Goat MMO Simulator. The free dlc for goat simulator because Coffee Stain are simultaneously the best and worst developer on the planet. Also the best.
You can finally realise your dreams and role play a microwave or a "rouge" in Tony Hawk's Pro Skyrim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAm5yxQA_HY

Tiplodocus

Man I am totally shit at Zombie U.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Zenith 666

Red dead redemption is not a zombie game the undead nightmare dlc is and while it's good it's nothing compared to the real game which is a stone cold classic which I'm going to play (again) as soon as I get back from football tonight.The most beautiful game of the last generation and for me rockstars best game.

I, Cosh

Cheers for the PS3 recommendations. I played some of those (Colossus, Jak & Daxter ) on PS2 but will check out some of the others.

Not anytime soon though. It's Desert Golf all the way for me. I'm currently on 1048 strokes after 400 holes...
We never really die.

shaolin_monkey

Battlefield 4 has released it's Final Stand maps, and they are bloody brilliant!

They're large, in some cases very large, and most contain a good mix of multi vehicle combat, with sections for running and gunning indoors.  The maps are nicely varied, with their own little secrets to be discovered - nice sniping spots, optimum distances to drop troops at capture points via chopper or APC etc, shortcuts to get from base to base on foot, open expanses to catch out the fools trying to run across exposed ground etc etc.

I've been having great fun on them, and have even moved up a couple of local divisions with knife kills and game wins.  My KD ratio is still totally miserable though!  :D

Bobblehead

Just traded in The Evil Within on PS4. I'll echo what some people have already said and say that I was really disappointed with this game. It starts off alright,very creepy and some intense stealth bits where I was trying to avoid some lunatic with a chainsaw by hiding in a locker. But by Chapter 6 i'd grown weary of random locations that my character was thrown into,poor combat controls and bosses that seemed to appear from nowhere. Also the last boss was one of the most ridiculous and easy encounters i've played. Rubbish!
Still have no idea what was going on in that game  :lol:

Also playing Shadow of Mordor atm,feels a bit like Assassins Creed,looks suitably grim but every location in the game looks the same as the previous one,i know theres not much they could do considerig where the game is set,but it looks a bit too drab sometimes. Feels like a mish mash of other games especially the combat,which reminds me of the Arkham games. Enjoying it so far though.

shaolin_monkey

Stick with Shadows of Mordor. Another area opens up which is stunning!

James Stacey

I'm playing Assassins Creed: Rogue and really enjoying it. They have clearly not bothered much with new gameplay gimmicks and spent the time and effort on the plot and environments (which are lovely). OK, so it's similar to AC: Black Flag but thats no bad thing.

CheechFU

I decided to finally have a proper crack at Crusader Kings II.
Murdered the pope, impregnated my sons wife, made all the jews mad and accidentally started a war against the Great Heathen Army and dragged France into it because King Louis the Stammerer is a solid bro even though I exploded his father in a tavern

JamesC

Assassin's Creed Unity.

Really enjoying it and there's so much to do. Despite the bad press at launch I haven't had any issues with this game bar a bit of frame rate drop here and there (no biggy). The setting is really interesting and exciting and the character leveling and kit loadout options have had a bit of an upgrade from previous games. The online co-op missions are very fun too.
The controls are similar to previous games in the series. I know some people find the controls challenging but they just seem to click with me. 
Apparently the next one is confirmed as having Victotian London as a setting - should be good.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Rogue Trooper!

Rebellions own clone! 0.89 p in the Steam sale. Very good fun so far. Surprised it had weapons upgrades though you do tend to run out of sniper bullets quickly.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Theblazeuk

Just when I thought I was out....