Main Menu

judge child

Started by moly, 23 May, 2002, 07:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

how about a new dredd story along the lines of the original judge child story could do a decent sized story say 25/26 issues with load of weird aliens could even do a race against time to save earth ?

bring back the mega epic now

Thread Zero

There was that doppelganger story in the meg last year or was it 2000?

That had Dredd searching the galaxy for some cit who was a deadringer for some Euro leader.

So I doubt you'll see a new dredd space story for some time.

scojo

moly

thats the trouble with leaving the prog for eight years you come back and youve missed all the goodies, its  my own fault i suppose

Tu-plang

I agree we need more epics which don't involve killing millions of cits.  Dredd tales just get shorter and shorter and now 12 parts is considered an epic.

Oddboy

Yeah!
Helter Skelter was a mini-epic not a mega-epic.
(And not very good if you ask most people - but I'm not going to start THAT debate again!)

What happened to stories that drag out for 50 weeks so that you can't remember how they started, what they're trying to do & who the main character really is?  *cough*meltdownman*cough*

Better set your phaser to stun.

John Caliber

I think it would be great to have the Megazine publish a mega-epic. Though monthly, the lengthier page count allows for a depper, nbetter plotted storyline.

I understand that the Dead Ringer space story was supposed to be just as long as the Judge Child, but was castrated so that it could be wrapped up in time for the Megazine's 4th(?) relaunch.

BTW, ever the opportunist, may I inform you that I've written two mega-epic novels for the JDSS site (links below) that you may be interested in. They follow two groups of judges in all-new scenarios (100+ pages each). I'm rewriting both texts at present, but will have the finished articles ready shortly. The texts can be found as links at the bottom of the games in the section to the index page's top left.

- TC Caliber

Link: http://www.jdrpg.com/jdss" target="_blank">THE JUDGE DREDD STREET SIM

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

John Caliber

Grud on a bananaboat - I do apologise for those blasted typos!

- TCC
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Tu-plang

"I understand that the Dead Ringer space story was supposed to be just as long as the Judge Child, but was castrated so that it could be wrapped up in time for the Megazine's 4th(?) relaunch. "

If this is true then it was cut short for the Megazine 10th anniversary issue (a normal issue with normal stories, but a nice one off dredd).  It did end suddenly with an "um, let's go home now."

Leigh S

I got the sense it was cut short, which was a great pity  - the humour of the story came from Dredds encounters getting ever more bizarre as he went on - they could have kept that running for another year and it would have been great - another underrated classic from recent times....