Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

I think i'll be moving to digital once my current sub ends

Magnetica

I'm now two weeks behind, but I have some much else to read, I really not bothered, so long as they turn up eventually. Which they will.

moly

They definitely seem to of stopped letter delivery in my area by Braintree on a Saturday, people posting on the local Facebook site haven't received letter post on a Saturday but Monday or Tuesday instead for at least a month now, parcel deliveries seem to be priority

IndigoPrime

That's what's going on. Large letter deliveries here are all over the place. They're clearly being 'stacked' and delivered at random. We got three of mini-G's things all at once a while back, and those publications never before aligned. Parcels seem to not be delayed though.

But then this was always going to happen once Royal Mail was sold off. It's no longer about a universal service but viability. And this will be the first step. We'll shift from "no letters on a Saturday" to "letters only on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday" within a year or two. (Parcels will be the trickier one. Right now, Royal Mail is obligated to delivery parcels Mon–Fri, but not Saturday. Who knows where it will head in future?)

Colin YNWA

Yeah I think I'm a full week behind now. The fact it looks like Jacqusie got this copy recently (judging by the review thread) gives me hope that it will come tomorrow here in Sheffield.

Leigh S

I grabbed 2209 from the newsie on Tuesday - 2210 turned up soon after, but postal 2209 clearly felt spurned by my impatience.

The Enigmatic Dr X

If anyone has a 2209 going spare, let me know!
Lock up your spoons!

Leigh S

If my postal 2209 turn up, you'll be the first to know Dr X

Tomwe

Huzzah! Double dose in the mail today! 2010 & 2011 bring us up to date I believe. Zarjaz.

Bolt-01

2209 & 2210 for me! Woo and indeed hoo.

Watch out Thrill-buffers!

ming

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 07 December, 2020, 11:15:37 AM
2209 & 2210 for me! Woo and indeed hoo.

Watch out Thrill-buffers!

I'm still waiting for those two but hopefully this week...  I really don't look forward to Christmas without a Christmas Prog though; fingers crossed that one gets through okay.

Colin YNWA

Okaaayyyyy Royal Mail are toying with me now. Prog 2211 just landed, so pretty much in time. The Phoenix landed on Friday - so exactly on time... Prog 2210 - still not landed. So fingers scrossed this means (mayyyybbbeeeeee) they have a process in place to get stuff out in a moe timely manner BUT they are still working through a backlog?

Who knows...

Leigh S

Got me a spare 2209 here Dr X if yours hassnt landed....

Quote from: Leigh S on 06 December, 2020, 07:47:05 PM
If my postal 2209 turn up, you'll be the first to know Dr X

Southstreeter

They appear to be slowly catching up. Delays for me have been 2 weeks, 10 days, 1 week, for the last 3 Progs. Hopefully the end of year Progs will arrive by Xmas and things will settle down in the new year.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Southstreeter on 07 December, 2020, 04:49:10 PM
They appear to be slowly catching up. Delays for me have been 2 weeks, 10 days, 1 week, for the last 3 Progs. Hopefully the end of year Progs will arrive by Xmas and things will settle down in the new year.

Great! I've sent you a PM. I think! (It seemed to freeze on me)
Lock up your spoons!