Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Festive Front Tourney - SEMI FINAL 1984 vs 1982

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 December, 2020, 06:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

So tough.

Can't separate the quality and appeal of the art
Can't separate the nostalgia

So it's the year of the dog beating out the year of the rat for me.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Professor Bear

JayzusB.Christ

It's very tough - two artists at their absolute best.  I'll take 1984 though.  Kev at his best was hard to beat.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

shaolin_monkey

Wow - the first one where I've really had to consider carefully.

I'm going to go with the Kev O'Neill insanity. There will never be such a bonkers Xmas cover ever again.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

DrJomster

82 for me. Gorgeous McMahon work there. They're both good though. Very good.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Well we know which cover the winner here will be up against but who will win this semi?? I'm not sure which one is winning here  BUT we'll know in the morning so if you want to impact on that result get your vote in today and I'll count up and annouce first thing...

Huey2

1984 please.
It's a great idea: don't need to link to anything in the prog, just ask Kev. O'Neill to bring his own unique interpretation of a Sci-Fi Christmas.

Would love to see this type of thing done again. It would be great to see what the likes of Henry Flint, Tiernen Trevallion or D'israeli would produce.

Colin YNWA

Sorry I've been remiss and slipped past my morning start (I was up and everything as well!) but a little late...

VOTING CLOSED

Pretty close this one but a strong start means that we prefer our monsters tentacles, glove puppet and santa hat as the scoring went...

1982 - 9

1984 - 13

So we have a final of 1984 and the following year 1985 its another monster clash. For that we'll wait until Monday though as tomorrow morning we'll start the ever lack lustre 3rd place play-off. Or Chrimbo Dredd off if you prefer. And I have to say I think this one will be an interesting and tough cal...