Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

I was worried for a wee while as FP emailed me last Friday that the final Dante was dispatched but was more than happy to be woken by the postie this morning with that oversized package too big for the letter box and inside was that last part of what has been a fantastic tale from the pages of the prog and as said above all contained in nice HC's
Can't wait to read through this, the question is to do it in one sitting or over a few nights 🤔
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

abelardsnazz

So, that was Dante. Wow, what a ride. Now I know what all the fuss is about. And the ending was just right.

I, Cosh

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 23 August, 2020, 11:21:10 AM
So, that was Dante. Wow, what a ride. Now I know what all the fuss is about. And the ending was just right.
Does the last Dante book include the extra strip which appeared in the 40th Birthday Prog?
We never really die.

sintec

Quote from: I, Cosh on 23 August, 2020, 12:05:47 PM
Does the last Dante book include the extra strip which appeared in the 40th Birthday Prog?

Contents are:
The Memoirs of Nikolai Dante
Bad Blood
The Wedding Of Jena Makarov
The Dante Gambit
Sympathy For The Devil

So I think that's a no - which is a shame as that must be the 1 bit of Dante that's been excluded.

It's a cracking ending, tense right up until the final pages. Lots of gorgeous double page spreads from Fraser as well which are just jaw dropping. An absolute classic that entirely lives up to the hype. I'd never heard of Dante before joining this forum to do a bit research while I was deciding whether or not to subscribe to the Ultimate Collection. This story seemed to be one of the main draws for many and I can see why. Looking forwards to doing a binge re-read in a couple of months time.

My copy of Ichabod seems to be missing it's front endpapers.  Just plain white pages instead of the usual red papers. Back pages are fine.  Are other peoples copies ok?

The Monarch

the only mention of the 40th one off is in the text back matter of the book

Trooper McFad

Quote from: sintec on 23 August, 2020, 12:28:26 PM
My copy of Ichabod seems to be missing it's front endpapers.  Just plain white pages instead of the usual red papers. Back pages are fine.  Are other peoples copies ok?

I got a an email from FP to say my copy of Ichabod is being delayed due to a change in the "pre-order date"  from the supplier it is now supposed to be 2/9/2020 !!!

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

leethomson

Just went into the office to collect my latest delivery and it's missing! All I've got is an empty cardboard sleeve which two books have clearly slid out of at some point in their grievous journey.

This will be my third replacement request due to damaged or missing books, which probably isn't so bad for a collection this size.

IndigoPrime

Bit weird they managed to slide free. Hopefully you'll get your replacements soon.

leethomson

One of the folded pieces of board that that holds the books in had been torn out, so the package was fully open at one end. Bit odd, but I've not had a problem getting replacements before, so fingers crossed.

Jade Falcon

Is there any news yet on the replacement Savage volumes?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

The Monarch

i think its being bundled with the first issue of the extension i think i am sure someone else can confirm or deny that

Dandontdare

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 August, 2020, 09:36:22 AM
Bit weird they managed to slide free. Hopefully you'll get your replacements soon.

I suspect someone probably slid them free at some point in  the chain.

Dandontdare

WANTED - DANTE VOL.6

Okay, so I'm an idiot.

When this collection launched I thought I don't want to pay for stuff I've got, I'll just cherry pick the volumes I want, like the complete Dante for example. I chuckled from a distance at the endless customer service woes, and after v.4 I pre-ordered the rest of the Dante books from Forbidden Planet and sat back smugly.

Book 5 arrived fine, then I vaguely recall an email about a billing issue that I forgot to follow up on ....turns out my card had expired and all the orders were cancelled. Long story short, laziness, poor memory and general fuckwittedness on my part means that I am only now trying to sort this out. FP still have v.8, and I've just paid over the odds for v.7 on eBay, but I can't find v.6 for sale. My web-fu is weak though , meaning I just searched for "nikolai dante vol6" on google and eBay.

If anyone has one for sale, or can point me to a seller, I will build statues in your honour.

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 28 August, 2020, 05:55:47 PM
Is there any news yet on the replacement Savage volumes?

Pretty sure it's going to be packaged with Issue 81.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 August, 2020, 12:14:34 AM
If anyone has one for sale, or can point me to a seller, I will build statues in your honour.

Not cheap but this seller has one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-THE-ULTIMATE-COLLECTION-CHOOSE-ISSUES-41-to-77-1ST-CLASS-DISPATCH/372707470455?hash=item56c718ac77:g:RZ4AAOSw-zdfPSb-

abelardsnazz

Quote from: sintec on 23 August, 2020, 12:28:26 PM

My copy has the front endpapers intact.