Main Menu

Ian Kennedy RIP

Started by rogue69, 07 February, 2022, 03:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

The great artist Ian Kennedy has just passed away aged 89. A great loss to the 2000AD universe and the British comic world Best wishes go out to all his Family

Colin YNWA

Oh no that's horrible news. I'm so glad he seemed to get to so many conversations and events over the last few years so he hopefully knew how loved his work was.

Love and respect to his family. RIP Ian Kennedy.

Trooper McFad

I was fortunate to meet him at the 40th bash and once more at the Glasgow comic con.
He was a great artist & true gent

Condolences to his friends and family RIP Ian Kennedy

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Funt Solo

There's a video interview with him where he explains that he's never been happy with how he draws hands - and I showed that to my animation students to try to get across the idea that, despite you not thinking your work is perfect, it doesn't mean that you can't come to terms with that and move on successfully.

RIP Ian Kennedy
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

Aw. It was always lovely to see one of the old greats still making new art. What a shame he's gone. But I suppose 89 isn't a bad innings.

CalHab

Barrington Boots

So sad to hear this. Incredible talent and a lovely guy.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

sheridan

Aircraft will never be the same again.

Richard

He was very good. Does anyone know when he did his last work for the prog?

broodblik

Very sad news. He was the artists that brought Dan Dare to life for me. What a loss.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

broodblik

Quote from: Richard on 07 February, 2022, 05:29:04 PM
He was very good. Does anyone know when he did his last work for the prog?

He did the cover of prog 1961:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

abelardsnazz

Ian Kennedy was the reason I got into 2000AD. He drew the cover of the 1984 Sci-Fi Special and at the time I was reading his Dan Dare in Eagle. Deciding that if 2000AD was good enough to have Ian drawing for them, a purchase was made, and the rest is history.

RIP Ian, a true talent of British comics.

Rogue Judge

Aww very sad - condolences to his family, his friends, and his fans.

Was just reading Johnny Red over the weekend and admiring his beautiful variant covers. RIP Ian.