Main Menu

Kevin Maguire's art

Started by Robin Low, 23 March, 2022, 08:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Low

On a roleplaying forum I'm on, I'm reading a thread about it being 35 years since Justice League International, the only incarnation that matters. Obviously, the wonderful art of Kevin Magiure has been mentioned, and somebody posted this, which I've never seen:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll pay serious money to see Maguire's Dredd... and Johnny Alpha for that matter. Hell, an anniversary cover with Dredd, Alpha, Anderson, Nemesis, Hammerstein, Jones, Slade (Sam, although the band might be fun)), Dante, Zenith, Garp, and Slaine would be incredible.

In fact, this got me thinking about themes:

Aliens of 2000AD: Nemesis and Grobbendonk, Ace Garp and crew, Shakara, Proteus Vex

Women of 2000AD: Anderson, Hershey, McGruder, Beeny, Maitland, Durham Red, Purity Brown, Naimh, Elena Kurakin, Halo Jones, Samantha Slade.

Robots of 2000AD: All of the ABC Warriors... with a very nervous Walter, Hoagy and Stogie in the foreground.

Regards,

Robin

Colin YNWA

Aside from Fantastic Four 1 and possibly Amazing Fantasy 15 is the cover of JLA 1 the most hommaged cover ever? I'd bet it is, half the time the hommage by Kevin McGuire himself. Would be a fun thing to have a 2000ad version of, especially since Tharg is a big fan of a montage.

Another theme for an anniversary cover (or X-Mas bumper Prog) would be Tharg and the Droids - though I imagine Kevin Maguire would find you suggestions more fun to draw.

Robin Low

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 March, 2022, 08:05:23 AM
Aside from Fantastic Four 1 and possibly Amazing Fantasy 15 is the cover of JLA 1 the most hommaged cover ever? I'd bet it is, half the time the hommage by Kevin McGuire himself. Would be a fun thing to have a 2000ad version of, especially since Tharg is a big fan of a montage.

You are probably right...

QuoteAnother theme for an anniversary cover (or X-Mas bumper Prog) would be Tharg and the Droids - though I imagine Kevin Maguire would find you suggestions more fun to draw.

Well, it would definitely work as a theme and it probably could be amusingly arranged. And while I've never been a huge fan of Tharg and the Droids, I'd still pay to see Kevin Maguire's depiction of them all.

Regards,

Robin