Main Menu

Idea for future Extream Edition or DC collected book:-

Started by Buddy, 22 November, 2004, 02:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Alan Moore's Twisted Times & Shocking Futures

Got bidding on an copy of Shocking Futures on ebay a while ago but after it got up to over 20 quid I gave up.

At least one time twister has been reprinted in an earlier Extream Edition so why nolt go the whole hog and reprint them all.

I tell ya it's a gold mine!!

What ya think??

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3954&item=2287001668&rd=1" target="_blank">Small Killing

Devons Daddy

thats a decent idea.
though there are plenty of potentail title for the EEs. its a very good collection format.

alberd snazz with the double decker brain.
now he deserves an EE on his own.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

therev

alberd snazz?
YEP!
I agree!
I always loved those stories.

The Amstor Computer

I believe Jamie commented on the possibility of a Future Shock EE, and I think the problem of page size changes and the move to colour across the years meant a *really* comprehensive selection was out of the window.

I don't see any obstacle to reprinting a selection from a relatively narrow timeframe, though - so a selection of Alan Moore FS/TT tales would be entirely possible...

Byron Virgo

I'm sure we'll get a nice EE or pb of FS's and TT's at some point, and it'd be nice to see one with a mix of writers that would cover Alan Grant, Mark Millar, Grant Morrison, Jamie Delano, Neil Gaiman, Alan McKenzie, John Smith and others. I reckon Alan Moore should get one to himself, perhaps an expanded version of the deleted Titan titles (although, without Moore's permission, we probably wouldn't have his excellent intro's to the books)?

As for the Two-Storey Brain, we are never likely to see a complete collection, since the second story (unknowingly) ripped-off  an already extant sf story (possibly by Ursula LeGuin, but I can't remember off-hand), so Moore has asked for it to never be reprinted.

If you're on the outlook for the two Alan Moore books, it's worth shopping around. I've seen copies sell on ebay for up to fourty quid, yet I picked mine up for a fiver each, and I've seen some pass with no bids at all!

Buddy

Not really bothered about the ones by Alan Grant, Mark Millar, Grant Morrison, Jamie Delano, Neil Gaiman, Alan McKenzie, John Smith and others.

Just want to see the Moore stories collected, everything else just doesn't come up to his standard.

Byron Virgo

+rufus+

Good idea Jonathan!
I'd like to see Henry's early Dredd stories, 'Dance of the Spider Queen','Mrs.Gunderson's Little Adventure' and'The Trail of the Man Eaters' put together.
I've got a couple of cool pages Henry half finished that'd be great extras.
Or the Robusters and Stronts from StarLord.
Plenty to go on really.
Rufus

Satanist

What do I think?

I think I had the very same idea six months ago on Thread 10258.
but cant post links to prove it ;D
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

opaque

I'd just like a series of GN's of all the Future Shocks.
Not like they're going to be reprinted anywhere else and theres 387 of them! Loads of scope for a series not just a one off.

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

+rufus+

One of Henry's discarded pages. The man is a geeinarse.
Rufushttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/mc1juve/HFunusedpage2.jpg">

+rufus+

And another.
Rhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/mc1juve/HFunusedpage.jpg">

thinky

hey juve! it's not fair that you have the monopoly on all the best art!

what i wouldn't give for the mccarthy on the other thread...

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Floyd-the-k

I`m with Byron on this one. An EE of Moore`s and an EE of mixed FS`s would be nice

As for other writers not coming up to Moore`s standards, from the reprints I`ve seen not all of his FS`s were brilliant. I think some of them are invested with brilliance retrospectively because of what he went on to do