Main Menu

old kippers, gone for good?

Started by bionicben2, 19 August, 2007, 12:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bionicben2

anyone who wants to see Harry Kipling come back to 2000AD post your comments here (it's sort of like a petition)

help me and all the other kipper fans out there happy and contented reading his proper Brit language...

I, Cosh

We never really die.

House of Usher

I just took it for granted that he'd be back. I can't say I'm bothered either way.
STRIKE !!!

The Adventurer

God, yes. I've been fairly distressed that Ol' Kip hasn't been around all year. After is numerous regular appearances last year, I figured they'd keep it up, but he just dropped off face of the universe after Prog 2007.

Granted this year has been going full bore with Nikolai Dante and Sinister-Dexter being regular 'staples' in the Prog, and I do so love both of those very much. Perhaps having 3 regularly recurring strips on top of Dredd wouldn't have given Tooth enough variety for most of the year. So they just stuck with Dante and Sin/Dex and will bring Harry back full steam next year.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

Kippers is a mighty strange one.

An undead stiff-upper lip steampunk zombie going around the universe killing gods and demons from just about any mythology you'd care to mention? That's the single greatest premise in history. It SHOULD be the greatest strip ever to appear in tooth, but it just comes across as very... 'meh'. I can't get excited about it, however hard I try.
@jamesfeistdraws

Floyd-the-k

No thanks - mine's a 'meh' on this one.

I would love to see Lobster Random back again though

philt

Grant Goggans

I think the prog's just been too full of other stuff, including launches for three new ongoing series, so there hasn't been room, plus Spurrier's been doing novels and Gutsville.  Still, I hope we see him for a few weeks before the end of the year.  And Lobster Random and Bec & Kawl, come to that.

Bad Andy

I want to see more Boo Cook work so yes please.

The Adventurer

For me, I'd like to see, in general, more Bec & Kawl, more Lobster Random, more Red Seas, more Harry Kipling, and more Savage next year.

And more Sin-Dex/Nikolai Dante please. Keep that boat rolling.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Grant Goggans

Dante is certainly moving towards its series finale, and I get the feeling that Sin Dex is, as well.  Their ends may be a year or more away, but that'd leave up some room for some of these other once-a-year stories to increase their frequency...

bionicben2

i agree with lobster random, but i might not have been a reader long enough to know what bec & krawl are...

bionicben2

i agree with lobster random, but i might not have been a reader long enough to know what bec & kawl are...

TordelBack

I'm more into Lobster than Kippers meself, but I'd be very sorry if we didn't see more of him - it's a fascinating strip.  It'd be interesting if those two stories did a one-off artist-swap - Critchlow on Harry Kipling, Boo on Lobster Random.  Might inject a bit of energy into both, in the way the contrast between Fraser and Burns on Dante highlights different aspects of Robbie's world, and makes the whole seem fuller in some way.

Albion

I'm with the less Kippers more Lobster people.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.