Main Menu

Subscriptions. Annual vs open.

Started by Bolt-01, 07 January, 2004, 03:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Rant mode on:

I have an open subscription, I gleefully allow Rebellion to take money from my account without limit.

When I had cause to discuss an aspect of this with the subs people I discovered that those people who sub for one year at a time were able to recieve the free-gift of the day with each renewal. However on-going subs may or may not get one

"You what?!" says I.

Thats right, if you tease Rebellion and only pay a year at a time, you will be rewarded, whereas those of us who pays all year round without having to renew can whistle and hope.

Rant mode off

Needed to get that of my chest.

Bolt-01.

Floyd-the-k

I hear your rant. Switch to an annual one unless they give you something

yours consumeristically,

Devons Daddy

i noted that as well. i would say we deserve an option of agreeing to a one year contract with monthly payments.

GIVE ME THE PIE.
or what ever gift you wish to hand over.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Bony Fella

Hurrah! I was actually unaware that there was a 'pay monthly' option at all. I have now subscribed. Woo!

Bolt-01

Welcome aboard Bony fella!

Monthly payments are easy to make, I just wish everything was that easy (Car tax....)

Floyd: I would complain more, but my apathy lets me down!

Bolt-01.

Oddboy

I did get an 'anniversary' present from my subscription last year... the Glimmer Rats book.
Dunno if I'll get anything this year or not.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Queen Firey-Bou

Ive always thrown my card at them annually but my recieving of gifts has been vague & rare... hmmm been subbing since 1989 ish, & had... white t-shirt, death t-shirt, mug, .... hang on, i think thats it , was the dredd badge a freebie or sub gift ?

hmm feeling grumpy now, i want more freebies now !

Trout

I have one of those monthly subs, too, and I'm also a bit miffed at not getting free stuff.

I like free stuff.

- Trout

Leigh S

I am also monthly and also miffed....

Slippery PD

Ditto

Id actually like to see a monthly payment plan and a minimum of say 6 months even 12 months  contract and thus get a gift.  Its not as if we are paying any less, its just more convenient for me anyway to pay monthly.  

Yer Slip

Trout

Yeah. My other essential bills give me a discount for paying monthly, so my thrill power supply should give me free stuff too.

I know I already get a discount, but I like free stuff.

- Trout

James

I've never recieved anything for subscribing. The only thing the subs people send me is bullshiv letters about my card being expired, which it isn't.

Vastards.

stront692

usually they change the free gift to something i want more shortly after i have subscibed anyway

Matt Timson

Stop whining- I only subscribe to the weekly and not the Meg- so I don't get anything for my trouble.

Unless you count my progs.
Pffft...