Main Menu

Dredd Epic Competition

Started by Dudley, 28 July, 2004, 03:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrillpowerseeker

I'd like to see Hershey killed too..perhaps by Kazan clone or even better PJ..shes been the dullest chief since old Griffin

WoD

I'd put this up before somewhere on the board

"My idea is a completely seperate city in Wales (Cymru-Cit?) where the majority of the people live underground and (some of) the judges fly around on the back of (genetically engineered) dragons with whom they share psi-pyrotechnic abilities.

The land is seperated from brit-cit by a wall of fire that runs down the line of the old severn river. The fire started as a result of the various dumped waste and nuclear wars, but is now (secretely) psychically maintained by the welsh judges as in a 'cooler' form of the meg's big walls.

There is a constant threat to the populace from the Pwwca (pronounced Pucca, as in Pwwca-Trywen) a mutant race who tend to live in and around the old slate mines in North Wales, but are making bolder attacks on the various city blocks.

After the next major disaster in the big meg (there is bound to be one) the meg-jugdes decide that they need to expand the living spaces below ground and send a technical-diplomatic team to Cymru-Cit to learn about their advanced mining technology. But the real reason is to try and find out more about the surmised sybiotic relationship that some of the judges have with the dragons. (this is after a spate of suspicious fire-related incidents in the meg (a result of a criminal element from cymru-cit who have managed to replicate a form of the psi-pyro ability)).

This all links up with a major attack from the Pwwca that could have a major affect on not just cymru-cit's future but that of the world as well. And it just so happens that JD is on hand to work alongside a Cymru Judge or two to save the world (and they all live happily ever after).

Welsh WoD

Wils

They're going to invade someone.

"Next time, we get our retaliation in FIRST."

Wils

They're going to invade someone.

"Next time, we get our retaliation in FIRST."

Wils

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Smiley

"Revenge Of The Son Of The Crystal Skull" or "Cowboy Khan" where Texas City bombs Mongolia (both have been quiet. Too quiet.)

Bico

Mutant uprising - the mutants in the Cursed Earth team up with the mutants in the Undercity.  They strap hi-ex to the struts that support Mega-City One above the Undercity and blast out MC1's foundations, then move freely among the wreckage claiming it sector by sector as annexed territory for a new mutant nation.  The only judges to escape the initial destruction are those in the air at the time, who are forced to flee elsewhere and plan the liberation of the annexed sectors.
Then East-Meg 2 shows up or something... I dunno, but it'll probably be the mutant thing in some capacity.  Not sure if they'll go for the Apocalypse War redux, though, since they pretty much abandoned the idea when Millar and Morrison planned it.  If EM2's in it, it'll probably be the Iraq analogy in some way, as suggested above.

Dudley

Given that it's starting in the Autumn, does that mean it's only potentially 10 weeks in length?

In which case, could it be one of the more intimate Dredd sagas a la Brothers in the Blood, only longer?

Devons Daddy

muties has a good basis.
the recent meg strip with rangers. would be a good seedling for discontent.

uprising of the muties i can see taking place. but that may be a bit to much of a high body count epic. which we dont really require.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mr C

Total War threaten to detonate a large number of nuclear weapons hidden about the city if the Judges do not agree to hand over power to the people. Hershey wants to negotiate, Dredd wants to hunt them down.
But their bickering over what to do about the situation is exaclty what the true enemy wants, the Judges stuck between preserving their power and protecting the citizens.
Who is this true enemy?
Where do you think Total War got the nukes?