Main Menu

Prog 1403 - Dogs at War

Started by petemaskreplica, 16 August, 2004, 07:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

Bloody good prog, probably made better by avoiding spoilers and waiting 'til today to get it.

ABC's is brill fun. I'm surprised, as with the response to Dredd's blatantly witless parody at the card table, that no-one seems to "get" it. The UNFOLDING HUMAN DRAMA complete with it's own musical soundtrack going on, that foxy nurse, the blubbing mallrats and fat dead guy killed by his own stupidity are straight out of soapsville. Now, there's a femme-fatale to go with the shady governor. It's like the quality of life on Mars has degenerated into the bastard lovechild of General Hospital and Dallas, with the added bonus of fucked-up war robots going at it.

Stront was a joy. The predictability is half of the fun. I'm hoping Headly gets off free, returning now and again to fulfil his destiny as Johnny & Wulf's own Wile E. Coyote. Elsewhere, I do prefer the old-acid approach of the Beeb tie-in to Bec & Kawl's strained cutesy fanboy nudges, and Cab's seems to have laid off the (almost mandatory for a while there) shocking plot-reversals to settle down into doing what Bec & Kawl tries to do but only better with more fan-pleasing nods.

But it's ALL GOOD!