Chocolate Factory Trailer

Started by Pyroxian, 10 December, 2004, 09:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
The Amazing Chocolateer
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
Everybody give a cheer!

Don't know about anyone else but the trailer I've been watching looks FANTASTIC.

I adored the book, though Wonka was even more psychotic in the film (Wilder was brillianty cast but his "Good DAY sir!" rant at the end left me psychologically scarred), so this looks more the (golden) ticket.

Love the Looma-land flashback and Mike Teevee now also addicted to computer games.

ADE

Tanky

Tim Burton directs Johnny Depp in one of my childhood favorite stories? Nothing is gonna put me off seeing this! Shame the link didn't work for me --:(

Adrian Bamforth

If you don't have Quicktime try pasting the address into Realplayer.

ADE

Pete Wells

Blimey, strangely Depp looks the spitting image of Freddy Mercury in the trailer!

Pete.

Devons Daddy

one of the finest childrens books i ever read.

the orignal movie is still good till this day,with johhny depp i think they made the right choice.
i am looking forward to this one.

its a fantasy movie,and i shall watch with that very fact in mind.
does he have everlasting gob stoppers though?
thats the important question.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tu-plang

This looks f*cking brilliant.  I couldn't stop laughing during that trailer.  In a good way.  It's manic!

Moose

it looks very ...like the first one? I was expecting something new- I mean completly new!
Some of those scenes are exactly the same.

yes, after all, what are the chances of two scenes in two different movies looking the same, particularly when they are based on the same book?

johnnystress

yes, after all, what are the chances of two scenes in two different movies looking the same, particularly when they are based on the same book?

ah now

I mean the set designs - the shapes and colours ...

the candy room with the chocolate lake is exactly like the one in the original

Maybe Roald Dahl was extremely specific in the book, (i havent read it), and they've followed his instructions to the letter?

I doubt it

Tim Burton has never been devoid of imagination, yet here It looks like he was more inspired by the previous film than the book

Just in the "look" of some what I've seen in the trailer

Devons Daddy

Maybe Roald Dahl was extremely specific in the book, (i havent read it), and they've followed his instructions to the letter?

that chapter is so detailed and vivid i can still see the whole scene in my mind. i was 9 years old when i read it.yes the author was truly that detailed. literally down to the  taste and shade of green of a blade of grass.

by all accounts tim burton has truly made the movie many would be afraid to make.
his trademark in so many ways. a true film of the book. which the first one was a few plot twists and turns here and there.
but by the look of it. i say hes got it right
 (once again)

i am really looking forward to this movie.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mr D

Yeah, quite a few parts of the book are vastly descriptive. Dahl gives you an amazing mental picture of all these amazing places.
I really don't think anything could be as pointless as the Psycho remake - this certainly doesn't look much like the original at all!!

Moose

agreed. dahl's description of the chocolate room was so vivid i remember it in detail some 25 years later. the awful gene wilder movie managed to get that bit right at least.

Floyd-the-k

the effect of this trailer is to make me want to go see the Gene Wilder movie again. I did see it again this year, for the first time since I was a kid, and it stood the test of time.
 If you haven`t seen it, I`d recommend it.

Richmond Clements

I see that old version nearly every bloody week. The boys love the dvd.

I think that the new one looks good. Burton and Depp have yet to make a bad movie together.