Main Menu

Judgement Day

Started by roystead, 02 April, 2005, 07:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

is there a way to view just the threads I'm "Watching" on this site, do you know?

Well, messages that you are watching are sent to your email address, when a new message is posted to them- so in theory, you can read new messages as and when they appear in your inbox.

What's more, whilst you can't reply directly via your email, there is a link provided in the message so that you can "click to reply".
Cheers

-Daney

roystead

Thanks. I didn't realise that that's what "Watch" did (is that mentioned anywhere?) until I checked my email this morning...

(I was thinking it would be more of an eBay/Wikipedia-like WatchList page somewhere on the site)

ukdane

As far as I can tell it isn't, but it should be in the HELP section at the top of the page. It might be up later today mind ;-)
Cheers

-Daney

Tweak72

oh come on its obvious sabbat is very old BY HIS OWN TIMELINE in his time line he left murd ages ago and carried on to jonnys time where he desided to take over so there is still a sabbat some where out there who hasnt yet desided to take over using zombies yet
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Funt Solo

Which means that Sabbat could very easily turn up right now (having looked into the future and seen his own demise) and attempt to take out Dredd before the event.

Oh, be still my beating paradox!
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Tweak72

apart from jonny alpha was never in the same time line as dredd TO BLOODY START WITH o come on its true they just arnt in the same world eventhe spesh episode with wulf and alpha meeting dredd was always bollox any way

IndigoPrime

You think? I always considered "Top Dog" a rather solid and enjoyable tale, and it's certainly one of the better crossovers out there.

Tweak72

yes it was just incorrect as far as being practical stront/dredd history wise SIMiler worlds but not the same
in the history of stronts the fact that brit cit is never ever mentioned (a young Johnny showing his father a model of the London creator not brit cit creator as brit cit covers most of the south of England London no longer exists by that time) nether is the judges systems most of the world had adopted by dredds time it would have been the orginal story would of been better if it was alternitive realitys not future rubbish

Funt Solo

You're right, of course, the link is tenuous at best.

We go from (correct me if I'm wrong) present day --> world-wide Judge System --> Stront-World (where muties abound after some kind of new nuclear holocaust) --> Termight (where the Blackhole Bypass has been built).

Plus (as discussed elswhere) the Ro-Busters timeline (with it's irritatingly contra-continuity Volgan war) doesn't sit neatly with the Dredd timeline.

BUT who's to say that after the (necessary) collapse of the Judge System, London wasn't rebuilt?  The various "rad-zones" could have been reclaimed with future-tech.  This would explain away many supposed continuity glitches.

At the end of the day, I reckon, you've got to allow the creators the freedom to avoid over-burdening themselves with uber-continuity and let them get on with telling stories.  It was entertaining for Alpha and Dredd to cross swords, therefore they live in the same timeline.

(As for Judgement Day, I think it was all worth it for the last panel:  "Who the hell's gonna mess with us?")
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Dudley

Couldn't you just have done parallel dimensions instead, though?

Tweak72

that?s what I thought and well yes I can expect writers to get it right if it wont work then don?t do it the only thing that was cool in judgement day was the burning of the wall and dekkers death the rest was not the best
the whole alpha thing was rubbish they waisted the rematch of dredd/sadu
a total let down
Judgement on judgement day
Mostly poor poor poor some nice art burning the wall would have been better in a good story alphas presence was a tenuis thing at best
all in all a awful story but i suspect garth was sketching out the preacher at the time so was destracted alot by that

Funt Solo

A small point:  the credit for the plot (as given in the opening episode in 2000AD) is given as John Wagner & Garth Ennis.  It then goes on to credit Garth Ennis with the script.

Systek

Lolz ... I wondered when I stopped reading 2000AD and I found my answer.

QuoteThis story is from 1992

Pesky college and such :(