Main Menu

Road to Perdition

Started by Tweak72, 21 April, 2005, 10:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweak72

i haven read this comic yet but bought the DVD recently on a "oh its cheap in sansburys" (and bloody brilliant i thought it was too)
so who rates the comic as im looking to buy it but wanted to see what the Hive Mind thought
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Dudley

Great comic, really enjoyable read.

Tweak72

how close was the film? do you think?

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Dudley

Haven't seen it, sorry.  Can't imagine Tom... no, I'm not going down that line.  The book was great, I'll leave it at that.

Max Kon

Oddboy

I've not read the book, but I thought the film was kinda dull.  The movie starts well, good premise, but then about half way through it's just dull.

Better set your phaser to stun.

skurvy

It's pretty good, the wierd thing though is that the artist (richard peirs-rainer??) obviously used photo references as one of the main characters is (and I mean is identical to) the actor Ben Chaplin, he used to be in Game On (top notch programme that was) and was in The Thin Red Line. It's a bit distracting actually...

paulvonscott

Book was enjoyable enough, not that keen on reading one of the many add on books, as they would seem something of a tack-on really I should imagine.

I'm still rooting for History of Violence at Canne.  Not read that much mention of the source material in web-things, which is probably to be expected, but the europoeans are much more understanding of this stuff I hope.

Art

I found the film pretentious (ooh! look! slow mo gunfire in the rain!) and hugely over-rated. That's kind of kept me from checking out the comic.

Byron Virgo

I wouldn't bother if I was you - the book's as cack as the film (sorry Dudley!)

Queen Firey-Bou

well  loved the film, it was edge of seat emotive stuff, and jude law was a very disturbing mix of gorgeous & repulsive...marvellous film.

but then you know me, i tend to enjoy anything that isnt work, trauma, or unremitting grind.

entertainment appriciating Bou.

Trout

I really enjoyed the film, but haven't read the comic yet.