Main Menu

Eminem Cancels concerts!!!!

Started by LARF, 17 August, 2005, 06:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobo Baggins

I pray to the Dungeon Master that Clash of the Titans has not been wiped from the collective memory by a powerful spell cast at a level so high as to be impregnable to the ravages of a Dispel Magic scroll.

Careful with those Words of Copyright, lad - you already owe Wizards of the Coast $6...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Funt Solo

(Financial) Wizards of the Coast.

They still have to call a Hobbit a Halfling, though.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Something Fishy

Bico

But now what will all the little Vanilla Ice wannabes do at the weekend?  He's funny on his own terms, but the white trash subculture that's developed in his wake has gotten troubling of late.  I met a guy who claimed he could rap because he'd memorised Eminem's final rap-bit thing from the end of 8 Mile, and could perform it on command.
It's petty, I know, but I do find such a waste of potential creative energy rather tragic.

Byron Virgo

That's not really freestyling - he's got to develop his own flow and not just mimic someone elses. There's a lot of good stuff on the UK hip hop scene at the moment, and it tends to be wildly different from the US scene which can only be a good thing (up yours, Zadie Smith!).

Anyone in London should check out the Social off Great Portland Street, which privides a venue to up and coming DJ's and MC's (including a few mates of mine).

VampiraJen

there was an organiser on the radio there saying he might sue m'n'm - sorry, eminem.  sounded like a bit of a toff.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bad Andy

Anyway you can all piss off. I used to be pretty dismissive about the whole Eminem thing until I actually listened to one of his albums properly and the man is a lyrical genius.

The way his 'singing' actually works as the tune is extremely skillful, even if he is acting as a prick most of the time. I even enjoy the injokes between albums.

I tell you at least try out the Marshall Mathers LP. It's extremely good, especially if you've got a bit of subdued anger that needs to escape.

And this is from a bloke who bought The Reynolds Girls' I'd Rather Jack (than Fleetwood Mac)

Byron Virgo

"I'd Rather Jack (than Fleetwood Mac)"

But not Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, eh?

Course your soft rock's actually very popular with producers and MC's - they love stuff like Phil Collins, Fleetwood Mac, even Santana and Iron Butterfly.

esoteric ed

Ah good old Roy, bless him.

Roy provided a great madcap performance in "Egghead's Robot" from the legendary Children's Film Foundation actually available on DVD.

Ed :-)
http://www.stuart.cann.freeuk.com/images/roy_kinnear.jpg">