Main Menu

Can someone give me the lowdown on The Bogie Man?

Started by The Adventurer, 01 December, 2005, 01:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

While browsing my local comic shop I hit upon a Trade Paperback called Boogie Man: Chinatown by John Wagner and Alan Grant.  

I know a Boogie Man series just wrapped up in the Meg, and I've gathered that Boogie Man as a franchise didn't actualy start in the Meg or the Prog, but elsewhere.

So...where does Chinatown fall? Where did Boogie Man get it's start? How much is out there total?

I'll probibly grab it the next time I'm in the shop, it's only $9 and I do love a good Crime Noir yarn.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Tu-plang

The Bogie Man by John Wagner, Alan Grant and Robin Smith is a comedy series about Francis Forbes Clunie, an escaped lunatic from Spinbinnie hospital who thinks he is Humphrey Bogart, and twists the situations he gets himself in to resemble classic Bogie films - even though he is Glasgow.

The first story is great, I found the trade earlier this year, and I also enjoyed the 'Return to Casablanca' strip in the Meg recently.  I don't quite know where Chinatown stands though... it might be the one that Cam Kennedy drew.

Rex Banner

Chinatoon is still Robin Smith & features the Tartan Ninja.

As all Bogie Man, damn funny.

ming

I first read Bogie Man when it was in Toxic (~1991).  The ninth art article linked belowe might give you the background you're after, Adventurer.

Link: http://www.ninthart.com/display.php?article=237" target="_blank">The lowdown via ninth art

DavidXBrunt

China Toon was the second Bogie Story and was initially drawn by Cam Kennedy, which caused a bit of bad blood which was sorted out and Robin redrew what had been published and completed the story.

The third was a shorter, colour story guest starring Dan Quayle and that brings us up to 'Return to Casablanca'.