Main Menu

Seven new Rebellion trades listed at Amazon...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 15 December, 2005, 06:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

I'm sure Jon can clear up whether these are officially on the schedule or not - and I hope I'm not pre-empting you by doing this! - but Amazon have just added the following to their list of Rebellion titles due over the next 12 months:

JUDGE DREDD: BIG DEAL AT DREKK CITY

Judge Dredd is the comic world's most famous lawman. He is judge, jury and executioner in a far future world gone to hell. This anthology of stories from 2000 AD brings together some of the strips written by comic book supremo's John Wagner, Alan Grant and Gordon Rennie, and features the art of Cam Kennedy.

MAY 2006
?12.99
208pp
Amazon link

NIKOLAI DANTE VOL. 4: TSAR WARS

No book description of further details.

SEPTEMBER 2006
Amazon link

SLAINE (VOL. 3?): SLAINE THE KING

No book description or further details.

NOVEMBER 2006
Amazon link

JUDGE ANDERSON (VOL. 2?): TRIAD

No book description or further details.

NOVEMBER 2006
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904265758/qid=1134647821/sr=1-7/ref=sr_1_8_7/202-3021631-2470215">Amazon link

The Amstor Computer

Bugger - ballsed up the formatting. You'll get the gist of it, hopefully!

Noisybast

Strontium Dog Book 3? What happened to Book 2?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Amstor Computer

Book 2, Portrait of a Mutant, is listed at Amazon as well and is - IIRC - lined up for release in the first half of 2006 (May/June, I think...)

Noisybast

Noisybast

Leigh S

Have to applaud the decision to collect Dredd in the old Titan way - a collection of shorter stories by a particular artist.  Will ahve to dig out that old thread we had that suggested this very thing, and had a few suggested line ups (including a Cam one)

IndigoPrime

But isn't that made kind of redundant when you consider that the Case Files collections are coming out?

Grant Goggans

On the other hand, the Case Files will not make it to "Big Deal at Drekk City" and the other recent Cam Kennedy strips for many, many more years...

--Grant

Jonathan O

Hello All

Big Deal At Drekk City is definatley still on for May '06
Tsar Wars has been moved to September '06

All the rest of the books will have to be re-scheduled. Again, this problem is a fall-out from our split with DC that was before my time here.

All The Best

Jon

Bolt-01

This sort of honesty and commitment to communication is very Welcome Jonathon. Glad to have you about.

Bolt-01

The Amstor Computer

Jon --

Many thanks for clearing that up. As Bolt said, the time you've put into answering queries here is greatly appreciated.

Out of interest, where have Amazon been getting their info? Are their listings based on ISBN, so that even books which have been cancelled - or rescheduled - because of the collapse of the DC deal are still appearing? I assume that for many of the books on there - the ones with cover images, blurb & page count, for example - they're being given by the info by another party (Rebellion?) but the others seem to be generated almost automatically.

IndigoPrime

From my experience with the company, Amazon UK largely gets its info from huge databases that aren't, shall we say, entirely kept up to date quite as well as they could be.

As for the books, good to see the first major chunk of Dante will be wrapped up in 2006. It'd be lovely if the same were true of Slade's first set of adventures, too.