Main Menu

Bish-OP's eBay original art sale - Part 2

Started by davidbishop, 29 May, 2006, 08:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I've just had a look at the new 'Droit de suite' regulations and it doesn't look like it will affect much of what happens with comic art on eBay and the like.

The minimum sale price for artist resale royalties is 3000 Euros, and it doesn't apply to "resales between individuals acting in their private capacity, without the participation of an art market professional; and to resales by persons acting in their private capacity to museums which are not for profit and are open to the public."

At the moment it only applies to living artists but from 2012 it will apply to sales up to 70 years after the artist's death.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: http://www.patent.gov.uk/copy/notices/2001/resale.htm" target="_blank">UK Patent Office

johnone

Why don't you move over here to Ireland  where writers and artists live tax free, well not exactly true in two years time they are changing the law so that the first half a million you make in income is tax free!( Only half a million bastards!)

Mike Carroll

> Why don't you move over here to Ireland where writers and artists live tax free...

We certainly do! I haven't paid income tax on any of my earnings as a writer for the past thirteen years!

Of course, given that I work about eighty hours a week and earn less than I would if I worked a normal week at minimum wage, not having to pay tax isn't quite the boost you might think.

(One of my friends has worked out that for one of his books eBay sellers have made more money from flogging his uncorrected proofs than he's earned from the book itself.)

-- Mike

BMB

The picture looks kinda like it was painted with the rectangle style logo in mind, do you know if thats the case?

opaque

(One of my friends has worked out that for one of his books eBay sellers have made more money from flogging his uncorrected proofs than he's earned from the book itself.)

Maybe he should start selling his uncorrected proofs on Ebay himself then?
I still think theres a market for artists sketches on Ebay. If some of the ones done for people at cons are just going on Ebay might as well make some money out of it themselves!