Blow your cred.

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 04 August, 2006, 03:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

"Love & Rockets - Ball of Confusion"

Nowt wrong with Love & Rockets, fella!

Cheers

Jim

(Presently drying out after a plumbing-related crisis in the kitchen this morning. That's my plans for the day out of the fucking window.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tiplodocus

I'm not embarassed by this one because I actually think it's a damn fine song and great for a dance. Somehow it has become "our tune" for me and the missus (though she did draw the line at having it on the wedding vidoe).

What I can't understand is why it CLEARS the dancefloor everytime I ask for it to be played.  The DJs always play it as well so they must think it's OK but everytime it just empties teh floor.

The song?

Mousse T vs Hot'n'Juicy:  HORNY.

Anybody else fot dance floor clearers that shouldn't be?

And I have always LOVED A-HA. Always.  Even when listening to the Smiths, the Clash etc, Morten and his mates were always my favourite band.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Wils

Nowt wrong with Love & Rockets, fella!

Not at all, but their cover of Ball of Confusion is really cheesy (the video with an uncomfortable looking* Daniel Ash swishing around just adds to it) and I can't help but like it. I *do* prefer Tones on Tale, though.

Presently drying out after a plumbing-related crisis in the kitchen this morning.

You can get special pants to help with that, you know. ;)

* For most uncomfortable singer in crap video, see Skeletal Family's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nof2w1ysUI4" target="_blank">Promised Land

Will I. Cooling

"Voodoo Child by Rogue Traders is on the radio right now. I like it!"

I quite like this to. A nice bit of rock pop.

My list is far too long to list here, suffice to say it includes Dusty Springfield, early Kylie, All Saints, Spice Girls, early Britney, early Christina, Atomic Kitten and ever Girls Aloud CD. And these are just the ones I actually own records of.

Btw, has anyone seen Attitude's 50 gayest records? Quite a good feature, with some good choices.
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Devons Daddy

i have to admit ELO is in my collection,
along with several of neil diamonds.

but ill fight anyone whom says my entire ADAM AND THE ANTS / ADAM ANT collection should bring me eternal shame.

turn of the juke box and do us all a favour,yeh,
that music lost its taste, its time for another flavour.
ANTMUSIC.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tanky

Ooh, loads! Much as I'd *love* to destroy my little remaining cred, there're just far too many to list. But I will admit to a liking  for early bon jovi. And Summer of 69. And there's nothing wrong with Kiss either:)

Quirkafleeg

Tsk, far to many of these are actually quite good records that have may be got a bit unfasionable... there's loads of stuff I like that's in that category.

Now Wannabe by The Spice Girls was never ever going to be fashionable but I love it. And I wasnt kidding about the Macarena - it's and great tune and if you study the translated lyrics, which sadly I have - it's becomes a work of genius.

But one thing I'm actually ashamed of liking is Boom Boom Boom Boom but the Venga Boys.

Woolly

Have spent the morning with Don Henly's Boys Of Summer.

And not in a rude way!