Main Menu

The absolutely best version !

Started by tix, 14 June, 2007, 06:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tix

Quick question:
If I want to collect (for example the Judge Child epic) wich version is the best ?
1. original 2000AD
2. Eagle reprints (in color)
3. the Complete Judge Dredd collections
4. Law of Dredd (in color)
5. Collected in Graphic Novel
6. ?
7. ?
8. Unfortunately the compete Case Files are not available here

In some cases the coloring is aufull :(
Can you help ?

lborl

Buttonman

What appeared in the weely is to me the definitive edition, everything after that is just a reprint. Having originally bought the Eagle reprints I was surprised that a lot of bits were missed out when I saw the same story in its original form. From memory the Captain Skank finale hardly made a lick of sense in the Eagle reprint

Judge Merlin

If you can I'd go for the three titan books.

Try Ebay as theyre always on sale there.

ThryllSeekyr

SIP

In my opinion the absolute best version are the three original Titan book reprints - the paper quality is good, the reproduction is good, you get three great covers (and they are great), three cool insert pages and an introduction in each book.

My opinion here is based on owning these three books, the original comics, the casefiles, the Eagle reprints and the full collected Titan editions.

Book 1 and 3 are currently available on ebay as 'Buy Now' for £3.99 each (cheaper when I bought them the first time around) - unfortunately the book 2 on there will currently cost you a starting bid of 9.99 (still worth it).

As for 'whats wrong with the case files?' - well, it's ok to read but probably the poorest format you  could go for in terms of printing quality and size (and you lose some of the pages into the spine of the book).

TordelBack

Yup, either the original Progs or the three original Titans are the way to go.  The Casefiles are a great resource for re-reading everything in context, but to get the full impact of the art the Progs have the atmosphere and the Titans have the quality.  Accept no substitutes!