Main Menu

Just thought I like this Star Trek teaser....

Started by Goaty, 01 October, 2007, 04:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Bico

Yeah, it's easy to forget how rubbish Enterprise could truly be - but it helps to remind ourselves by showing how it could rob such a genius idea of anything resembling fun, despite some good ideas (redone opening sequence, fistfight with a Gorn) being knackered by lackluster implementation (new theme was rubbish, Gorn was shitty CGI).  It's not saying much, but that was probably one of the standout (2) episodes, and represented a curious slowing of the downward spiral the show was taking to that point - it wasn't what I'd call good, but certainly nowhere near as bad as it was when it was dubbed "The Trek show ever Trek fans won't watch."

I'm intrigued by Of Gods And Men, mind.  It's a Trek fan-made movie set across the regular and Mirror Universes, shot for peanuts by fans of the show from various walks of life (including CGI artists, sound production and acting) who've given of their own time to see it completed.  There's the odd familiar face among the cast as a consequence, and it's directed by Tuvok off Voyager (not his real name).

Link: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3jvbSpozK7A" target="_blank">Can't be worse than Enterprise...