Main Menu

Fassbender to star in Cuchulain movie!

Started by mygrimmbrother, 24 February, 2012, 05:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Not sure if I'd prefer this or a Sláine film, let's see...a fight for a prize bull or a fight against Slough Feg and his alies?

TordelBack

Quote from: Patrick on 25 February, 2012, 11:42:03 PM
Wasn't a great film though. Eric Shanower's Age of Bronze is a much better retelling of the Trojan War.

No arguments there!  It's my second-favourite ongoing comic (after the obvious).

And agreed about comics vs. film too.  The decisions to squeeze the Trojan War into about a week, and then have Hector kill Menelaus, and let Helen and Paris escape, do seem to suggest that the producers of Troy would have preferred to be 'adapting' a different story entirely.

Woolly

Quote from: Emperor on 25 February, 2012, 02:46:09 AM
... Which would be a pity as I'd imagine something from Pat would be great.

Can't agree more with this. I've always thought that Pat's ideas would easily lend themselves to the big screen.
Nemesis, Slaine, ABC Warriors, Flesh, Defoe, even Finn would all make totally arsom movie franchises.
Even American Reaper, which reads like an elaborate storyboard anyway!

Bat King

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 25 February, 2012, 12:02:20 PM
Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 25 February, 2012, 10:34:10 AM
Is there any chance this could be a Slaine movie? I'm just remembering that announcement from a month or so back, that revealed 2 (I think it was 2) more 2000 AD movies were being developed besides Dredd. We've had the story about Grant Morrison writing a Rogue script - could this be the other one?

No.

If it were a Slaine movie I think we'd know...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex