Main Menu

Eagle Awards 2007: Voting

Started by Bolt-01, 10 April, 2008, 11:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

As for flesh book 2 and Meltdown Man [apart from the fact they both had C R A P final endings],BlackHawk and Inferno i will be the only voice on the planet that will defend all 4 as great stories if thats what it takes.

I suppose it comes across as self indulgence wanting a Minority interest to be given the full GN treatment but ultimatly i cant help liking what i like.

I know exactly where you're coming from.

I'd buy three of a glossy Meltdown Man TPB. I mean, I'm under no illusions at all about the strip - the ending's just terrible, the villian's frankly crap, it goes on for far too long, it's very dated and it can be awfully juvenille at times - but I can't help loving it.
@jamesfeistdraws

Peter Wolf

I would buy 3 as well. The ending was criminal, the villian Leeshar i dont think was crap but very cliched if you get what i mean but i didnt mind at that age .

It could have carried on for twice as long in the same way that S/D Portrait of a Mutant [in the prog at the same time] could have gone on for twice as long and i would have been happy.

What are the aspects of the strip that you find dated and Juvenile ?

I am not trying to be contentious about it at all but i am genuinly interested in hearing what you have to say just out of curiosity.

I might start writing some thesis on various 2000ad strips elsewhere online just to give myself something to babble on about in posts.

I spurned Brian bolland in the roll of Honour and chose Brian K Vaughan simply because i bought and read Pride Of Baghdad just recently.

No mention in the award categories of Niko Henrichon who did the artwork in Pride Of Baghdad.

If you like Bellardinali and Henry Flint then you really should see Niko Henrichon art.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dark Jimbo

What are the aspects of the strip that you find dated and juvenile ?

I am not trying to be contentious about it at all but i am genuinly interested in hearing what you have to say just out of curiosity.

I'd love to ramble about it but I think we've derailed this thread enough as it is. :-)
@jamesfeistdraws

Peter Wolf

Apologies.Too caught up with myself to notice.

You could always sendmail your ramblings if you like whenever ?

I voted in several categories but no blind voting with names i didnt know.

I do think there should be a UK only comic award.Uk comics are their own entity and you get UK music awards so why not ?It is a UK based industry or scene.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death