Main Menu

They don’t make it likes comedy any more… fave scenes/quotes

Started by Goaty, 07 August, 2008, 07:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

I love Stir Crazy!
The bit where they put Grossberger in with them, Gene Wilder comes back to the cell and Richard Pryor doesn't say anything, he's just crying, makes me crack up every time.
And the "No Shit" scene, where at the end Gene Wilder pretends he knows karate, physical comedy at it's greatest.
Blazing Saddles is a favourite too.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

I really like Chris Rock, Head of State and Down To Earth, while not great films, are two that I put on to cheer myself up, he just makes me laugh.
"my father was so cheap, when we went to bed he used to take the batteries out of all the clocks!"

I'm sure resident board Achiever proudhuff will be along soon with lines from the peerless Big Lebowski.

Roger Godpleton

There's a hilarious bit in the Street Fighter movie where the bad guys are watching a tv broadcast of a truck hurtling towards their hideout whilst they're in it and Zangief goes "Quick! Change the Channel!"
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

I, Cosh

Quote from: "TordelBack"Incidentally, "He has a wife, you know" is (in context) the single funniest line in the history of cinema.  It reduces me to hysterics every single time
I'd have to go with: "I'm not." I often wonder if they sat and thought through just how clever it is or if it just seemed quite silly.

The amazing thing about Airplane is that I still laugh just as much even though I know every bloody joke in it. I've also got a big soft spot for Hot Shots, Part Deux - "Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot, eh Saddam?!"

More recent ones that've made me laugh a lot are Dodgeball, Zoolander and, very unexpectedly, Undercover Brother! Superbad had some great wanking jokes.
We never really die.

House of Usher

The trailer for 'Disaster Movie' didn't look too bad. Especially the drag parody of Sarah Jessica Parker!

Don't get me wrong - she's an attractive woman and once upon a time I might've, given the chance; but she is one funny-looking dame.
STRIKE !!!

Tanky

Funny how you never see Sarah Jessica Parker and Barbara Streisand at the same time...

Back to Life of Brian then.
'How shall we fuck off, oh Lord?'

deus x machina

Not a big Jim Scarey fan but 2 scenes from Ace Ventura make me laugh everytime

1: When he finds out that the Police Captain is actually a man after snogging and the music from the Crying game starts while he scubs in the shower...

2: when he births himself from the rear end of a Rhino

others include...

Austin Powers: "Smoke and a pancake? cigar and a flapjack? ...no?... .well there is no pleeeeeeeeeeeeeasing you"
"Take the farzer awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

Austin Powers: "m...m.....m............m..m.m.......m.m.m..m..m.......m..m......MOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Anything by Laurel and Hardy. way before their time and worth looking on Amazon for their films
Be Pure! Be Vigilant! BEHAVE!

I'm sure my stupidity outshines your intelligence

Peter Wolf

SJP looks weird.

SJP walks into a bar and the bartender asks "why the long face ? "

I used to have a friend in Hastings who looked similar and she was known as HorseHead.

Apparently she got the part because the programme makers didnt want a woman any more attractive than her and because the core audience of Sex And The City is gay men.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

the shutdown man

Quote from: "House of Usher"The trailer for 'Disaster Movie' didn't look too bad. Especially the drag parody of Sarah Jessica Parker!

You mean "Things falling on top of other things movie" aka "90 minutes of lazy pop-culture reference movie" etc.....?

My god man! Have some decency!
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

House of Usher

Quote from: "the shutdown man"
Quote from: "House of Usher"The trailer for 'Disaster Movie' didn't look too bad. Especially the drag parody of Sarah Jessica Parker!

You mean "Things falling on top of other things movie" aka "90 minutes of lazy pop-culture reference movie" etc.....?

My god man! Have some decency!

Sorry, no: you're right! It wasn't a recommendation. What I meant was "The trailer for 'Disaster Movie' didn't look too bad. SPECIFICALLY the drag parody of Sarah Jessica Parker!"

Profuse apologies.
STRIKE !!!

the shutdown man

Quote from: "House of Usher"Sorry, no: you're right! It wasn't a recommendation. What I meant was "The trailer for 'Disaster Movie' didn't look too bad. SPECIFICALLY the drag parody of Sarah Jessica Parker!"

Profuse apologies.

Hmmmmm........ alright.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Wils

deus x machina

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! BEHAVE!

I'm sure my stupidity outshines your intelligence

Richmond Clements

And another that popped into my head on the way to work this morning.

"People of Illinois, the swastika is calling you."

MIKE COLLINS

QuoteFrom one of The Comic Strip films .The one were they were living in a mock iron age village as part of some university degree:

Rik Mayall: "I hope we get different clothes this year because last year my Bollocks kept hanging out and i looked like a bloody Neanderthal Petrol Pump !"

I'm in that one as an extra! Summer School it was called, written by Dawn French. Got to go drinking with Robbie Coltrane and Rik Mayall... gawd that was over 25 years ago....

Favourite lines... anything uttered by Groucho Marx, and another vote for Kentucky Fried Movie, sheer genius... Catholic High School Girls In Trouble... 'Oh no! Not the TOY ROBOT!!....' etc, etc...

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "MIKE COLLINS"
QuoteFrom one of The Comic Strip films .The one were they were living in a mock iron age village as part of some university degree:

Rik Mayall: "I hope we get different clothes this year because last year my Bollocks kept hanging out and i looked like a bloody Neanderthal Petrol Pump !"

I'm in that one as an extra! Summer School it was called, written by Dawn French. Got to go drinking with Robbie Coltrane and Rik Mayall... gawd that was over 25 years ago.... 8-)
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death