Main Menu

PVS AWOL ?

Started by Marbles, 07 August, 2002, 03:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Where is the great man this week ? Don't say the slacker has taken some holiday ??  
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Devons Daddy

just maybe he has also gone to cornwall
seems to be the current destination of choice.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

One day (O! GLORIOUS DAY!) I shall move to Newquay.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Slippery PD

As much as I like cornwall for the surf, fun and sand ;-).  North devon is much closer to my present abode (Dorset), either of these two fine counties would make a perfect residence for any Squax dex thargo with taste.

I believe PVS is on holiday for a week,but someone mentioned Nottingham ?!?!?!??!??!

satchmo

Our esteemed colleague Mr PVS is visiting friends in Leicester,I believe he will return early next week..

DavidXBrunt

I didn't burn him and bury him in the Titan books section.

Devons Daddy

NEWQUAY!!!!!
in my youth, my first job infact, i lived in hotel accomadation, with  view of fistral beach,
spent an entire six months. working there and enjoying the sun surf. when it was was below 3ft of course, thats most of the time,ice cold beer and 2000ad as i layed on the beach or sat outside central pub or newquat arms and drank beer,
some day and what a glorius day it will be i too shall return,
the day this happens i shall post this here, and i shall hope to jion you in one of lifes great -pleasures sir. beer hot day t shirted holiday making females and 2000ad, out side the central pub in the high street,
this may be years form now, but 2000ad will still be about and we shal likely be discussing the reprints being ran and reminising about the first time we read glimmer rats.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

sorry forgot to mention. the  last post was meant for oddboy,  
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

So I gathered...
Sounds like a good plan indeed...  I've only been to Newquay about 3 or 4 times on family holidays when I was between (& I'm guessing now) 8 to 13?  But it's such the grooviest place... I still wear my Fat Willy's Surf Shack long sleeve tie-dyed tshirt avec hood (yes it still fits, I haven't grown fat in the last ten years, mind you it was baggy to begin with.)
Cornwall's cool, & Newquay ROCKS!
It's so on my list of places to live in, London at the moment... then maybe Bath... then Newquay... and when I'm old I'll retire to Spain & run a pub.
Better set your phaser to stun.

paulvonscott

Yeah.  Leicester.  Let's not talk about it.