Main Menu

Prog 1600 - We're Watching You

Started by Pete Wells, 16 August, 2008, 10:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I
Quoten which case why not just keep all your prisoners in a hi-tech, moving space prison flanked by battleships?

'Course, we wouldn't be reading that story in 2000AD, because bar swapping Snakes for Slugs it'd be Harry 20.

House of Usher

Quote from: "TordelBack"'Course, we wouldn't be reading that story in 2000AD, because bar swapping Snakes for Slugs it'd be Harry 20.

Well, yeah, I know the snakes opted to run low-tech POW camps just to provide us with a more entertaining story to read, because Tony told us so!  :lol:
STRIKE !!!

WoD

Quote from: "House of Usher"
Quote from: "WoD"I suppose if you need some logic it could be argued that they keep it simple and 'low-tech' to help avoid detection from the Human forces.

Mm, true. And yet we're told that none of these camps stay put for long. The snakes keep moving them to avoid detection. In which case why not just keep all your prisoners in a hi-tech, moving space prison flanked by battleships? That way you could use any technology you like to control your prisoners, you'd keep them moving through space, and you'd never have to stop when detected because you could just outrun your pursuers.

Expensive and lots of of resources needed to do that though.  I know...it's just a story!!

Proudhuff

ARTIC-B...The only problem I have with the story is Why? why keep prisoners if the captors are such evil buggers?  IIf they were keep for testing cosmetics, mind bending drugs or snake oil I wouildn't be so picky, but its not as if there is a Geneva convention of anything like that or did i miss something?  

The above won't stop me enjoying the story and there will probably be a reveal later that explains all I'm sure, after all there is only so much Basil you can put in one issue
DDT did a job on me

Wake

Quote from: "House of Usher"It's great that Tony has introduced himself here. It's very sporting of him, especially as we can be a tough crowd to please.

Here's a possible reason why Tony was happy to jump on board: