Main Menu

First Bill Watterson interview in 20 years

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 February, 2010, 12:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well blow me down, with thanks to 'The Beat' here's a link to Calvin and Hobbes' Bill Watterson's first interview in 20 years.

http://www.cleveland.com/living/index.ssf/2010/02/bill_watterson_creator_of_belo.html

It might be short, its kinda sweet, but who'd have thought it was coming huh!. What with the Calvin and Hobbes stamp in the US and now this maybe Mr Watterson is coming out of his shell a little?

The Calvin and Hobbes books are my current tiolet reading up to Snow Goons and have to say it ain't lost a bit of its brillance over the years.

Bolt-01

Nice find. I'll be in the States in October, so I'm already wondering if I can find one of those stamps.

Trout

Buddy

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 02 February, 2010, 01:09:07 PM
Nice find. I'll be in the States in October, so I'm already wondering if I can find one of those stamps.

Pick one up for me while you're at it!

TordelBack

Comes across as an immensely nice and genuinely sensible guy, doesn't he?  Also, he's the spit of Calvin's Dad (with 'tache), my parental role model (the wife's is Lois off Malcom in the Middle, but that's another story).

Colin YNWA

Yeah he comes across as a really nice guy. He'll always have my absolute respect not just for the brillant work he did but his refusal to expliot it as he so easily could. He draw a comic strip and that's how he lets it stand. So few like that in this day an age.