Main Menu

Who Draws The Best Dredd? (and isn't called Brian or Carlos)

Started by brendan1, 23 January, 2009, 10:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactus

I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Paul faplad Finch

Henry Flint with a condition. His Dredd when coloured by Chris Blythe is second only to the great Carlos himself. I'm not sure how it would fare without Blythe as I think - whisper it - his black and white art leaves something to be desired.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

golledge100

"Henry Flint with a condition. His Dredd when coloured by Chris Blythe is second only to the great Carlos himself. I'm not sure how it would fare without Blythe as I think - whisper it - his black and white art leaves something to be desired."

Shakara?

Nemesis The Warlock?

Some of my favourite black and white work!

M.I.K.

I think I actually prefer Henry Flint's black and white stuff, (not that there's anything wrong with it once coloured). It has a very old-school 2000ad vibe to it.

Paul faplad Finch

You know the old saying "I don't know art but I know what I like"? Well thats me. Whereas I can analyse stories based on character, plot, pacing and dialogue etc. I can never really put into words why I like or dislike certain artwork. It either jumps off the page to me or it doesn't and I'm afraid Henry Fints uncoloured stuff just doesn't. As I say though, I'm not the worlds greatest art critic.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Colin YNWA

Another artist that hasn't got much of a mention I've been reminded of recently is Colin Wilson. Just read over at CBR that he's currently finishing some new Dredd work. Can't wait for that.

Dr Feeley Good

Don't know how anyone can call Henry Flints black and white art,this looks even better than the published colour page ! ...

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "SteveMillar"Don't know how anyone can call Henry Flints black and white art,this looks even better than the published colour page ! ...

I didnt quite get the wording of your post but that Henry Flint page is very similar to McMahon and it could easily have been in the prog in 1979.I wouldnt have bothered colouring it.I love old school B+w.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

PsychoGoatee

Boo Cook, Jason Brashill, Steve Dillon, Simon Bisley, Greg Staples, and Jock all do an awesome Dredd.  8-)

brendan1

Quote from: "SteveMillar"Classic = Mike McMahon
Modern = Henry Flint

So basically McMahon, then?

Large48

Another vote for Ron Smith here, he just made it all so believable I guess.

In terms of colour Dredd now thats a different kettle of fish, not sure anyone has convinced me yet that they own the colour rights so far. On other strips yes but not Dredd.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]