Main Menu

Pimping Impaler # 1

Started by Matt Timson, 14 December, 2008, 01:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Excellent!
I have it on order in my local comic shop, so shall pick it up forthwith.

Matt Timson

Quote from: "Kerrin"The Impaler collection vol.1 I ordered turned up today (thought it would be a good idea to familiarise myself with what was what), and after reading that I moved on to the new one. 'Kin awesome. Don't want to sound like some sycophantic lickspittle but that artwork is properly good Matt. Seeing how much work went into each page I'm not surprised it took some time to produce, but the effort was well worth it. Hope you make some decent money out of it in the long run, I'll definitely be buying any more that get produced. How come we don't see more of your work in the prog?

Thanks- I really appreciate it.  The main reason you don't see my work in the prog is probably because I've never submitted any to Tharg!  I've always liked the idea, but the reality seems like it's fraught with opportunity to make a nob of myself (even more so than usual).  I also think that part of me enjoys being a fan too much to spoil it by turning it into a job.

Plus, there's that constant fear of rejection...
 :?
Pffft...

WoD

Maybe Matt will come to you Matt??

Matt Timson

I'd bet my left nut that you just made Tharg laugh...

:D
Pffft...

House of Usher

Got my comics today, and they'd put a copy of Impaler #2 by for me. The story-telling looks really wordy and dense, and the artwork is quite marvellous! For all I know on the subject it looks influenced by Bill Sienkievicz. And it's better than the art in #1, which was already pretty striking.
STRIKE !!!

Matt Timson

Quote from: "House of Usher"Got my comics today, and they'd put a copy of Impaler #2 by for me. The story-telling looks really wordy and dense, and the artwork is quite marvellous! For all I know on the subject it looks influenced by Bill Sienkievicz. And it's better than the art in #1, which was already pretty striking.

I bet your Bill Sienkeivicz influenced pages were the dream sequence- right?  I confess, I was thinking of his stuff when I did them.
 ;)
Pffft...

Emperor

Full first issue:

www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=26593

I'll second (or third) the suggestion that you should aim for getting something in 2000 AD - good figure work/faces, tight technical/architectural details and an ability to let rip with the crazy/gory when required. I can see that fitting right in - Ten-Seconders springs to mind, for example.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Matt Timson

Thanks- I didn't even know that was up.  I'm always the last to know these things!
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Harvey Awards are looming and I'm not above ballot stuffing.  Impaler is just work for hire for me, so any exposure I can get out of it is going to be a big bonus!

Impaler, which is published by Top Cow, is eligible in the following categories:

Impaler Volume 1: Best Graphic Novel – Previously Published
Impaler Volume 1: Special Award for Excellence in Presentation
Impaler Volume 2: Best New Series
Matt Timson, Impaler: Best New Talent

William Harms, Impaler: Best New Talent

Ballots can be downloaded from http://www.harveyawards.org and the deadline is Friday, March 27th.

If you've read and enjoyed Impaler- or even if you think I'm just a great guy (which of course I am), I'd really appreciate your vote!

Thanks in advance-

Matt
Pffft...

Richmond Clements

Superb whoring!

How could we not vote for you after that!

Good luck!

Matt Timson

I'm not too proud to whore!

Pffft...

Matt Timson

Oh balls- it's for creators only.  I've probably burned all my bridges there already...

:roll:
Pffft...

Kerrin

Got my copy of issue 2 today. Really enjoyed reading it. More class art there Matt, I particularly like the explosion panel from the raptor's bombing run. Lemmy's not happy someone nicked his medallion is he, oh dear, I think someone's going to cop it now. Great stuff.

Matt Timson

"If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man

you win some, lose some, it's all the same to me"

WA WA WA WA WA
WA WA WA WA WA

Pffft...

Kerrin

"That's the way I like it baby

I don't want to live with Trevor!"

WA WA WA WA WA
WA WA WA WA WA