Main Menu

Address to Send FutureShock Submissions???

Started by Victor C, 19 June, 2010, 04:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor C

Hello 2000AD,

I frequent the Millarworld boards and several members told me that I should check out 2000AD because they've got a great program with FutureShock that allows new(er) artists, writers, and creators to showcase their work. 

Looking through the "submissions" link I found your requirements and it mentions that you should mail your submission to 2000AD.  However, I could not find any information as to the actual address.  If you could please link me to the mailing address (or if there is a thread to post your submission) it would very much be appreciated. 

Thank you,
Victor Carungi

* Here was what I planned on submitting (if I this shouldn't be posted then please remove it)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Hi, Vic.

You'll find there's a dirty dozen or so of us here have submitted to the Clint thread on Millarworld. Myself included.

2000ad only considers 5 page shorts (no more, no less) from new writers/ artists - so I'm afraid that would rule out your submission, I think. I'm pretty sure the submission rules are specific on this condition.

Of course, I'm assuming you're not submitting as an artist only, but want the actual story considered.

I liked it, by the way.

Lock up your spoons!

Victor C

Good deal - but where do you send those submissions to?

Mike Carroll

Hi Victor,

You can send your submissions to the address inside the front cover of every issue of 2000 AD. It's in the tiny text that appears beneath Tharg's message.

Cheers,
Mike

Emperor

Or even the larger text under the competition:

2000 AD,
Rebellion,
Riverside House,
Osney Mead.
Oxford OX2 OES.

A few things to consider:

• Follow the submissions instructions - so for a writer you'd be submitting a 5-page Future Shock script
  • It is useful to familiarise yourself with the format (there are some good collections)
  • You need to send a SAE which might make it tricky if you are sending anything in from overseas (bt it isn't impossible, see some of the threads in the creator forum where we've gone over this topic)
  • The small press is a great training ground for writing such stories (again the creators forum has more information on other publishers)

And good luck.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+