Main Menu

X-BOX Arcade console (256mb) for £109 from Amazon.

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 04 January, 2010, 10:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

I've bought my (ahem)£109 xbox plus Halo 3 classic edition.It will be a while before it arrives what with the snow. I used up all the Amazon gift vouchers so that reduced the price to about £80.I saw that Halo -Combat Evolved was available as a used item but since I'm not to sure about it's condition and the New H-CE would cost £35 I decided in favour of Halo 3. Will definatly get H-CE at some point so thanks to Radiator.

Never used an xbox controller so lot's of learning to do! Thanks for all the advice folks and anything you think thicky-games-boy (me!) or anyone else could use bung it onto the forum somewhere. I see there's a sort of re-charging thingy for your xbox wireless controller. Any good?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

James Stacey

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 06 January, 2010, 04:16:09 PM
I see there's a sort of re-charging thingy for your xbox wireless controller. Any good?
Ive got one and it seems to do what it says. Thing to remember is the offical one is 'play and charge' whereas most of the others are just charge. Check first as it might not be worth saving the extra quid or 2 on a third party one.

oh and HMV currently have guitar hero metallica with the guitar for £30  \ooo/

The Enigmatic Dr X

They're £109 in Game too. I got an arcade an added a hard drive. Bugger is, the sound has just gone on mine (not a common problem).

The RROD issue is licked, I think, with the newer models.
Lock up your spoons!

radiator

QuoteNever used an xbox controller so lot's of learning to do!

It's the best controller of any game system ever made, IMO. I found it really intuitive and it took me no time at all to get to grips with it.

If you're after any other games, you can't go wrong with:

GTA IV
GTA: Liberty City Stories
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
The Orange Box (Half-Life 2)
Halo 3: ODST
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Left 4 Dead

Shadow Complex and Trials HD are both great (cheap!) download titles which you can buy on Xbox Live.

And if you want some party/social games then Scene It! and You're in the Movies! are both a good laugh.

Devons Daddy

had mine for a long time,
MW2 is out of site and brillant,

but the bargain bins can offer some good deals,
scene it lot of fun, its screen test for the house.

GTA 4 Must have!
Gears of war 2 Must have
Bio shock, get it while its still cheap, 2 next year and likely to go u;p

but get the orange box, now thats a bargain.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Something Fishy

"They've put the price up to £129 the fascists! Thanks for the tips. I can't tell whether it's got the new 'Jasper' chip set but unfortunatly I've realised the Tv we have at the moment isn't HD neither is my old 15 inch Dell monitor. Any suggestions2

---

it will have if new as they've been making them for well over a year.

My son had one for xmas from them and it was.

The analysis thus far suggests the failure rate is way down, like within 1-2% as opposed to anything up to 60% for the launch models.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Good Lord the Arcade 360 arrived this afternoon! I wasn't expecting it for a week or so due to the adverse weather conditions. Errmm I still haven't actually designated a place to set it up yet but all the bits (wireless xbox controller,leads) seem to be there. Must clear a corner for it.

The game Halo 3 hasn't arrived yet but hopefully soon. Read the set up blurb and it seems pretty straight forward.

Can you play the xbox without being connected to the internet?

― Nikola Tesla

Pyroxian

IAMTHESYSTEM

― Nikola Tesla

IAMTHESYSTEM

Ah the double post blues. Sadly my old Dell 9150 monitor has no audio output device so it's new monitor time. Tv is rented so don't fancy putting it on that yet. Expensive this gaming. ::)

― Nikola Tesla