Main Menu

Speculation: The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha.

Started by TordelBack, 17 February, 2010, 04:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Caliber

Bloody hell, look at you all go on! And comic book readers slate RPGers for being anal?!  :D :lol:

Seriously, it's nice to see others get hot and bothered over this delightful nonsense too.
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Robin Low

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 February, 2010, 02:12:14 PMJust say if I'm being too annoying and I'll shut right up.)

Hey, it's never stopped me, so let yourself go.

Regards

Robin

Robin Low

Quote from: John Caliber on 20 February, 2010, 03:27:20 PM
Bloody hell, look at you all go on! And comic book readers slate RPGers for being anal?!  :D :lol:

Some of us are both!

QuoteSeriously, it's nice to see others get hot and bothered over this delightful nonsense too.

There are a few of us here who've been at it since about 1996, I think. It's a bit like Valhalla.

Regards

Robin

John Caliber

Have you by chance been playing (or have read) the new Strontium Dog RPG, Robin?
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Robin Low

Quote from: John Caliber on 20 February, 2010, 06:03:46 PM
Have you by chance been playing (or have read) the new Strontium Dog RPG, Robin?

I'm afraid not. The tempration is there, but I buy far too much stuff and roleplay too little, so I had to resist.

I must admit that despite the Traveller connection, I'm not convinced it's the right system for JD or SD. That's not because it's a bad system, but because I think both settings need something a bit more like Savage World or even Storyteller.

Are you involved with it? I was wondering how it handles the post-Alpha stuff.

Regards

Robin

Richmond Clements

Of course, anyone wanting to know what the Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog RPGs play like should come along to HiEx- we'll be playing them there.