Main Menu

Question about Hellboy vol 9 and vol 10

Started by willthemightyW, 17 July, 2010, 10:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthemightyW

Hi,
I've just finished Hellboy volume 9,The Wild Hunt. I'm not going to give any spoilers but those of you who have read it will know what happens, and apparently volume 10, The Crooked Man and Others does not pick up where vol. 9 left off, does anyone have any idea when the story from The Wild Hunt will be picked up again, if at all?
Many thanks, Will. 
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Ignatzmonster

Quote from: willthemightyW on 17 July, 2010, 10:52:13 AM
Hi,
I've just finished Hellboy volume 9,The Wild Hunt. I'm not going to give any spoilers but those of you who have read it will know what happens, and apparently volume 10, The Crooked Man and Others does not pick up where vol. 9 left off, does anyone have any idea when the story from The Wild Hunt will be picked up again, if at all?
Many thanks, Will. 

I can sort of answer that. Probably volume 11. Mignola and Fegredo are starting The Storm this month which will continue the storyline of The Wild Hunt.

Mignola has a habit of breaking up the continuing storyline with collections of short stories or in BPRD's case flashbacks to different eras and characters and creative teams. I enjoy this in Hellboy and find it pretty irritating in BPRD's case because I am there for the joy of Guy Davis.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Ignatzmonster on 17 July, 2010, 02:10:30 PM
I can sort of answer that. Probably volume 11. Mignola and Fegredo are starting The Storm this month which will continue the storyline of The Wild Hunt.

#1 is out. You can find me raving about the Fegredo artwork here.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

mogzilla

got this friday! looking good .... i read somewhere on dark horse this is wrapping up the current arc and duncans stint on the series(?!?!) if this means mike is going back to drawing them so much the better but i did like duncans take which means he'll be free for twoth to bag him!!?

willthemightyW

I read in an interview that after 'the storm', Mignola is doing it again, however Mike also said that Duncan may be filling in the gaps between when Hellboy arrived on Earth and the series 'seed of destruction'.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Ignatzmonster

Quote from: willthemightyW on 17 July, 2010, 05:47:06 PM
I read in an interview that after 'the storm', Mignola is doing it again, however Mike also said that Duncan may be filling in the gaps between when Hellboy arrived on Earth and the series 'seed of destruction'.

This is good news. I'm ashamed to say I was disappointed when I heard Duncan was taking over the art duties. Now I'm anxious about his leaving. Great artist and a worthy generator of Campbell's insecurity. Did you see the detail of the tree's shadows on the highway in that panel??!!