Main Menu

Why haven't there been more Judge Dredd action figures???

Started by Dreddzilla, 28 September, 2010, 11:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

awesom. Had totally missed that. Your B&W Rogue is exactly how the strip should be done - so good it removes the memories of the dire post-war machine rogues. Hurrahs and trebles all round.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dreddzilla

Quote from: worldshown on 01 October, 2010, 08:12:14 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 30 September, 2010, 10:42:26 PM
I would go nuts for a 3 3/4" range with the current level of Hasbro articulation (let's see Han draw first against Old Stoney Face).

Same here and, worryingly, for the same reason. (Let's see if your force powers can beat a Heatseeker)

But it probably wouldn't happen without a tie-in to the movie and the toyshops by me are still groaning with "Terminator", "GI Joe" and "Prince of Persia" stock.
The ''G.I. JOE'' & ''Terminator'' sold rather nicely over here, the ''AVATAR'' toys, not so much
:lol:
Besides I don't see ANY big toy company (Hasbro,Mattel) risking tons of money making toys for a movie that's being sold as a Hard-R movie.
This is no longer the 80's where Kenner would put out toys for R rated movies (Robocop, Rambo, police Academy, Terminator 2, Alien vs Predator)

willthemightyW

Quote from: Minty on 01 October, 2010, 12:45:26 AM
In the meantime I'll just make do with this  ;)

You don't need anything else, you have all that! And the skin form judge mintys head by the look of it.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

John Caliber

Oh sweet Jovus, I'm glad there aren't any Dredd action figures! I've been on the brink of financial meltdown too many times by trying to keep up wth the exhorbitant UK prices of Star Wars toys (I keep them all hidden in my loft to ease my shame...)
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

James Stacey

Quote from: John Caliber on 04 October, 2010, 02:22:33 PM
Oh sweet Jovus, I'm glad there aren't any Dredd action figures! I've been on the brink of financial meltdown too many times by trying to keep up wth the exhorbitant UK prices of Star Wars toys (I keep them all hidden in my loft to ease my shame...)

I was having this conversation with my housemates yesterday on our Sunday visit to the toyshop (I appear to have regressed 10 years since the wife left)

Is it not easier just to take a tenner and put it in the attic. The effect would be the same.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: James Stacey on 04 October, 2010, 02:26:48 PM
Quote from: John Caliber on 04 October, 2010, 02:22:33 PM

I was having this conversation with my housemates yesterday on our Sunday visit to the toyshop (I appear to have regressed 10 years since the wife left)

Is it not easier just to take a tenner and put it in the attic. The effect would be the same.
:lol:

Dreddzilla

I think all our wallets can breath a collective sigh of relief as I don't see any chance in hell of a big name toy company doing Dredd figures EVER. :'(

John Caliber

Quote from: James Stacey on 04 October, 2010, 02:26:48 PM

I can't play with a tenner (these days, about the price of a loaf of bread).  ;)

The essence of it is that I was aiming to rent a three bedroom house, the third room to become a Star Wars toy zone. And then Life happened. Unexpectedly, my landlady left her boyfriend and wanted her house back; at exactly the same time, I went into hospital for nine weeks. I had to obtain day releases to frantically search for a new home while being incredibly unwell. Basically, I had to go for the first property I saw. It's a lovely bungalow, but only has two bedrooms. The toys have all had to go up into the attic. The attic is massive and has a decent floor, so there's lots of room.
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

mogzilla

if we see any figures based on the "dredd" movie i would prefer a 6 inch size (oooer) over the 12 inch (fnar) and the 3 3/4 (bless) along the lines of the hellboy  figs or the neca gears of war stuff.

John Caliber

If Rebellion's impressive merchandising of Dredd in this non-movie era is any indication, we'll be seeing a shedload of gear for the Dredd 3D film. The Cellar Of Dredd had better start planning an extension!  ;)

mogzilla

Quote from: John Caliber on 05 October, 2010, 10:45:46 PM
If Rebellion's impressive merchandising of Dredd in this non-movie era is any indication, we'll be seeing a shedload of gear for the Dredd 3D film. The Cellar Of Dredd had better start planning an extension!  ;)
can a cellar have a cellar?

TordelBack

Quote from: mogzilla on 05 October, 2010, 10:47:28 PM
can a cellar have a cellar?

The 'Sub-Basement of Dredd' just doesn't have that ring.  CF could just expand into that convenient above-ground annex to the Cellar.  I'm sure Mrs Forces and Sam could manage in some sort of army-approved bivouac arrangement in the garden.

Mikey

Look here; I broke my Star Wars addiction when Lucas ripped out my fanboy heart with Attack of the Clowns Clones. Still have them, but the compulsion has left bar a few minor pangs.

Tharg has now led me to the fanboy crack that is 3A toys. As you know, these aren't cheap, but are all types of aces. If there's a serious merch (i.e. action figures) attack with the Dredd movie,I may have to rent out where my hair used to be as somewhere for people to keep their spare hats. But I'm powerless to resist...

You Sir! Is your hat languishing unworn during summer months,or due to lack of occasion? Let me be of service! Competitive rates! Jaunty angles extra!

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.