Main Menu

I couldn't get to the end of...

Started by Tiplodocus, 01 March, 2011, 12:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatzmonster

Comicswise have yet to finish a BKV series. Just don't feel the urge but bear him no ill will. Feel an outright aversion to Geoff John's stuff on the other hand. Ennis' Hitman wasn't for me. A lot of his jokey stuff isn't. Have only read the first three books of Brubaker's Captain America (they were borrowed) and that's pretty much it for me. 

I'm pro-Maus. I consider it one of two autobiographical comics worth reading. The other is Campbell's Alec. They have the same things in common: as much about the people they know as themselves and never self inflating or self pitying. Wish Spiegleman had put out more comics or continued RAW. 

Books I frequently stop in the middle of, even when I'm enjoying them, and pick up later to wonder why I'd ever put them down. But the one's I'm never returning to are Lord of the Rings, Dune, Operation Shylock, S., Mason/Dixon.   

Emperor

Books:

Trainspotting - I do try and finish every book I start out of sheer bloody mindedness but I'm going to have to tackle this one when someone decides to do a translation into the Queen's English, I'd have an easier time reading this if it was written in French ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+