Main Menu

The Unwritten

Started by I, Cosh, 27 August, 2009, 09:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreacherCain

Quote from: Link Prime on 08 February, 2012, 09:34:58 PM
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 08 February, 2012, 12:46:08 AM
Your mom certainly isn't currently 10% of her 2008 levels.
Wow.

Anyway...just thought I outta mention that anyone who digs The Unwritten would no doubt also be a fan of Carey & Gross' previous Vertigo series; 'Lucifer'. The best Yankee comic of the early noughties I reckon!

I'd love to read it. Can't quite afford 11 volumes of a new series right now sadly. Kinda hope Vertigo will do with a lot of their older series what they're currently doing with 100 Bullets and start collecting stuff in omnibus paperbacks that collect 20+ issues.

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 08 February, 2012, 09:34:58 PM
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 08 February, 2012, 12:46:08 AM
Your mom certainly isn't currently 10% of her 2008 levels.
Wow.

Pay no heed to Roger's ad mominem attacks, he has issues in that specific area (and no wonder, not even a single freebie for her own son, it's a bit harsh).

Anyway, just thought I'd suggest libraries for these various multi-volume series - they seem very fond of Vertigo titles, at  least the ones around me.  Fables, Hellblazer, Unwritten, House of Mystery (and what a disappointment that one turned out to be), all seem to be present in quantity, if you have patience and a fast hand for the inter-library loan request.  Also, Walking Dead, still regularly shelved with the Spideys and Donald Ducks...  I'm waiting for Crossed to show up there, and then I'll complain.

It's not all plain sailing:  I've been stalled for almost a year waiting for Volume 4 of 100 Bullets, but I can forgive them for that, since they have almost two full runs of Dante (all the way to Vol 10), and all three Nemeses!   

I, Cosh

Yep, I'd second the library shout although there are problems. My own attempts to read Lucifer ground to a halt after volume 2 because, despite having multiple copies of all subsequent volumes, they don't have number three. They also stopped buying Ex Machina after volume 7.

It seems, at least in Glasgow, that comics get stolen from libraries more frequently than other books.
We never really die.