Main Menu

My wife's new showreel!

Started by SmallBlueThing, 10 April, 2011, 12:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Great work, SBT. Domino looks stunning.

SmallBlueThing

Cheers Gavin, she works bloody hard on the acts/ costumes and whatnot, to make sure she gets that response. Everything is handmade, or hand-augmented, by her- and if she really can't do it, then it's custom-made. And she really dosn't get told how good she is nearly often enough, for my liking.

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

I didn't want to watch this on my phone up at the con, so waited till I got home and watched it with Carolyn.
Now having watched the Titanic showreel that SBT did a while back, I knew this would be bloody good and I was not wrong.

The editing is spot on and the chosen music seemed to perfectly fit the movements that Domino was doing on screen, even though all the acts have completely different music. Now how clever is that.
Domino as always looked quite stunning with all her amazing outfits, make-up and hair.
I just feel sorry for SBT as all those outfits eat into his comic collection space  ;)

Congratulations to the pair of you and I hope Domino has a great time on her upcoming tour!

SmallBlueThing

Thanks john, i did my best with the editing, given i did it on my laptop in windows moviemaker, which didnt allow me to get it as spot-on as i'd like. It's a nice, easy tool, but running off my laptop it plays the assembly edit in a jerky, missy-outy-frames kind of way and you cant see what it really looks like til you output to completed movie (which then takes ten minutes or so to process).  The music was sourced by my wife, who is good at that kind of thing, and i just cut to that. Although, to be honest, i still prefer my initial cut, which was a tester assembled to 'tie me kangaroo down sport', because it was literally the very first song that popped into my head when i sat down to do it. She wasnt impressed, but it made me laugh.
Glad you liked!
I expect ive shot myself in the foot though, and see a few more days lost to this kind of thing, judging from her reaction.
SBT

SmallBlueThing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osim1LyVbIQ

Not a new showreel, but a post-event video for The Double R Club, in which she appears.

SBT

Mardroid

That was.... disturbing... yet strangely enjoyable...

Proudhuff

have to wait for a non work viewing  ::)
DDT did a job on me

Durak

very good  :)

BPP

You married Servalan?

Well I for one am mighty afriad. Villa-style.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

SmallBlueThing

Devons Daddy

thats a chinese dragon tattoo no on her torso, very unique. rare to see such a thing as a tattoo in this part of the world, (various reasons,mainly superstition)

tasteful montage, that should drive booking forward for her.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

W. R. Logan

Can't watch it on the phone.

SmallBlueThing

If you go to her website: dominoburlesk.com, it's embedded there, so should work for mobiles.

SBT

W. R. Logan

Done.
Very good, Emily liked it as well but can't convince her to do it 8-)

Large48

That glitter must get everywhere!  :o
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]