Main Menu

Meg 323 The Adjudicators.

Started by Zarjazzer, 21 April, 2012, 12:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: pauljholden on 03 May, 2012, 09:45:42 AM
I've always felt that there were two Mark Millars - the PT Barnum "I invented everything" internet persona (deliberately cultivated by Millar) to sell the books (controversy sells) and the perfectly reasonable, smart, pleasant guy - that I imagine he actually is.

Hedging your bets with Marvel, eh PJ?  ;)

Only joking, of course, I think you're dead right.  He comes across as an absolute gentleman in most interviews, and often it's hard to believe he's the type of man who would diss the people who were instrumental in getting him where he is, e.g. Grants Morrison and Alan.

It's something the former Grant dabbled in years ago but thankfully seems to have grown out of, which hasn't hurt his success one bit.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Prodigal

Guys as someone who is considering breaking into the meg-does anyone know what is replacing Strange and Darke? It was the final instalment wasn't it?

Hawkmumbler

I seem to remember Hondo City Justice is coming back soon.

DrJomster

Liked this Meg a lot. Good work, people!

Have to agree, the MM interview caught the eye all right with an appraisal of his own Tooth work almost designed as a mea culpa to 2000AD fans... All well and good. He'd better not be preparing the ground though for coming back... #justsayin'

One thing I think would have helped the cover a lot would have been to have the "Blob"'s stomach coloured yellow. Instead it's red which makes the characters on either side much harder to distinguish, well for my old eyeballs anyway!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

pauljholden

I've blogged a snippet of script, 9 pages of layouts and a couple of pages of art on Samizdat episode 1 - there are probably spoilers for episode 1 in there, but you've all read it by now, right?

http://www.pauljholden.com/blog/2012/05/19/samizdat-squad-2/

Hoagy

Yes. PJ, your art is the highlight of the Meg, this month. Looking forward to this next edition. Infact, all four stories made a perfect 10 on art.

Its as clear, PJ and as refreshing as a glass of water, to dehydrated man, in an Eastern European radland.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract