Main Menu

Fandom Costume Collection [Mine]

Started by Spartan_6, 15 May, 2012, 08:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan_6

Greetings Citizens!

I figure this would be the best place to 'expose' one part of my many hobbies. This particular hobby started with my first introduction to Star Wars when it hit the big screen here in Singapore in the late 70's. I was born in '71 and as you can imagine, that movie changed my life [Yup, unlike most, I wanted to be a Stormtrooper]. It was only 20+ years later that I could start fueling that wish.

My TE ANH Suit, Sandtrooper:

With my fellow Singapore Garrison Troopers:

Moving on, I decided to 'upgrade' to a different character, same universe, Boba Fett:

On Saint Pat's Day, hunting bounties with my fellow Hunters:

And with Slave Leia [Joanne]:

And Niki in between:

Fett took me 5 years to finish...FYI. Many thanks to the Hunters over at TDH for the help.

Besides movies, I went into gaming and did these:
Halo Master Chief with Cortana [Sue] @

@ the Singapore Airshow:

ODST:

Dropping in at Singapore's Comic and Toy Con:

And a little fan film that's in post production now"

As Rios, from Army of Two:

There's a bunch of more suits but I think you get the idea...:) Oh and here are some of my Helms...cuse the dust;

My latest suit will be a Mega City Judge, but since that will be an order and won't have any of my prop making, suit building skills involved, it'll be only done once PR is finished.

Stay safe,

Tim.

-- Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. - Oscar Wilde --

Mikey

That's bloody fantastic stuff there -  good work Spartan!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

von Boom

BLOO-DY HELL. That's some amazing work. That's a collection to be proud of. I don't know about anyone else, but I am officiously jealous.

JvB

Emperor

Where do you store all the suits of armour?? I bet it is a closet people aren't going to be able to make jokes about!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

klute

Quote from: Judge von Boom on 15 May, 2012, 02:17:52 PM
BLOO-DY HELL. That's some amazing work. That's a collection to be proud of. I don't know about anyone else, but I am officiously jealous.

JvB

Add me to the jealous list JvB :(

There are some awesome suits and ladies there if you don't mind me saying so :)
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Zarjazzer

Wow! There's some amazing stuff there.the armours all look great and pretty ladies too! Grand creations.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

von Boom

Spikes

Quote from: Spartan_6 on 15 May, 2012, 08:03:33 AM
Yup, unlike most, I wanted to be a Stormtrooper

Unlike most? Surely everybody  wanted to be a Stormtrooper?
Brilliant stuff Spartan - and that Sandtrooper is the business!

Link Prime

Spartans never die...they just get "disappeared" by jealous forum users...

Spartan_6

Thanks guys, glad you like em.

Both the Sandtrooper and the Predator are on mannequins, as they're retired. But the rest are in cases, as and when needed. ;)

And just for both you HALO and gun fans...Here's a my almost complete SRS99D-S2 AM, I named her 'Candy'.

And for the ODSTs, since I couldn't get a supplier for us for the SMGS, I improvised with Toy MP7s. Silencers were built from PVC piping, and stocks from NERF recons. I used both resin and fiberglass to to strengthen, attach and reinforce the build. Red Dot Sights are real working sights, as are the silencers attached below the silencers. Oh, and standard milspec 20mm rails.

Enjoy...

Stay safe,

Tim.

-- Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. - Oscar Wilde --

von Boom

Spartan you should be working on films. You could have a great career building props and costumes. Your work is simply fantastic. I am once again very jealous.

JvB

Spartan_6

Thanks Judge Von Boom, I try and do what I can...

This was my last project before I left for Disney's The Lion King Musical...took about a week, converting an existing Mark 3, into WM for an appearance. Since it was a rush job, I did what I could.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Darren Stephens

Wow. Just....wow. Super talented! :-)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^