Main Menu

CHRIS WESTON POSTER

Started by strontium71, 04 July, 2012, 06:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

Now that the full image has been released , can we please have a poster of the 2000AD characters by Chris Weston? Non-folded , ta  :thumbsup:
...because I hate you.

rog

Oooh yes please :D

BTW, where's the full image been released?

Colin YNWA

I was wondering about this myself but therte's a piccie over at the San Deigo thread.

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,36325.msg689832/boardseen.html#new

I wonder if its a San Deigo exclusive. shame if so.

rog

^ Zowee, thanks for the link, that image looks amazing!

The Adventurer

If anyone's wondering where I found the image, it was linked on the 2000 AD front page with the San Deigo Comic Con news

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

P-BOT/1138

seems strange it wasn't used as a wraparound cover for 1171. unless it was never made for us to see. if it was used as a wraparound for 1171. ignore me. all i got was the mcmahon tharg cover.

The Adventurer

Quote from: P-BOT/1138 on 05 July, 2012, 09:08:59 PM
seems strange it wasn't used as a wraparound cover for 1171. unless it was never made for us to see. if it was used as a wraparound for 1171. ignore me. all i got was the mcmahon tharg cover.

I think when Weston was talking about his cover on the 2000 AD Uncovered Blog he said that at the time he wasn't commissioned to make a wrap around. But he had regretted not making it so after the fact. Clearly, he's gone back and filled it out since then.

The Adventurer

Also I am totally cracking up on Sam Slade getting 'preyed on' by both Durham Red AND Devlin Waugh. Brilliant.

vzzbux

Is there a high quality image of this so I can wall paper it?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Adventurer

Quote from: vzzbux on 05 July, 2012, 10:01:47 PM
Is there a high quality image of this so I can wall paper it?
V

That's what I'm hoping to see soon. But not that I'm aware of.

blackmocco

I'm Barack Obama and I approve of this thread. Do it. Big print. We'll buy it.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

The Adventurer

Seriously why isn't this for sale right now?! URG!!!  REBELLION WHY DO YOU HURT!

P-BOT/1138

i take it's too late to be a cover for a later prog. unless they can do a special for newbies to get them into 2000 ad. if chris has expanded it recently. why not expand it to a tri-fold or quad-fold wraparound cover? if it's printed on nice thick shiny paper. it could be the best cover ever!

The Adventurer

Quote from: P-BOT/1138 on 24 July, 2012, 05:12:08 PM
i take it's too late to be a cover for a later prog. unless they can do a special for newbies to get them into 2000 ad. if chris has expanded it recently. why not expand it to a tri-fold or quad-fold wraparound cover? if it's printed on nice thick shiny paper. it could be the best cover ever!

Trouble is, the poster has already run as a cover. Or at least part of it has. So the likelihood of it running as a cover again is pretty low. IMO.

P-BOT/1138

yeah. but how many times have past covers been 'recycled' for graphic novels or the megazine's floppies?  so there's always a wee bit of hope!