Main Menu

Who Is Your Favourite Artist

Started by Dredd Head, 25 March, 2013, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montynero

Most of them are brilliant, but the ideal 2000ad artist for me is Henry Flint. Storytelling, imagination, energy, intensity, design, originality, detail - he has it all. And what makes him THE standout for me is the tone of his work, which is note perfect for tooth.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I love so many of the great 2000AD artists, too many to name, but Glenn Fabry's work on Slaine The King was beyond compare.

Montynero

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 28 March, 2013, 03:14:00 PM
I love so many of the great 2000AD artists, too many to name, but Glenn Fabry's work on Slaine The King was beyond compare.

Genius, work. His best ever, I think.

JayzusB.Christ

Yes, it truly was frickin' arsom.  He's never quite matched it, in my opinion, but i can't blame him for that - spending that much time on detail all the time would probably result in him and his family starving to death.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 March, 2013, 11:26:50 PM

Yes, it truly was frickin' arsom.  He's never quite matched it, in my opinion, but i can't blame him for that - spending that much time on detail all the time would probably result in him and his family starving to death.

He didn't think it too detailed.

Montynero

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 March, 2013, 11:37:09 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 March, 2013, 11:26:50 PM

He didn't think it too detailed.

Haha! Class, Joe.

FinH

Polar opposites style-wise, but my two favourite Dredd artists are (predictably enough ) Bolland and Ezquerra.
I always had a soft spot for Steve Dillon, too (like a quicker, less fussy Bolland).

Dave Gibbons was always my favourite Rogue Trooper artist.

And I loved pretty much anything Massimo Belardinelli did, ever. He was an amazing talent (diverse/prolific, too).