Main Menu

Tour of Duty

Started by Cpt Rhodes, 13 February, 2014, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-Ball

It isn't really a new phenomenon is it? Necropolis was exactly the same: big build up, massive culling of the populace and the promise of nothing being the same afterwards due to the shortcomings of the Justice Dept being exposed. Then John Wagner handed the strip over to Garth Ennis who barely touched on the aftermath save "Return of the King" and when the big moment arrived in Wagner's "The Devil You Know" it was squandered by sticking to the status quo in Ennis' "Twilight's Last Gleaming."
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 13 February, 2014, 06:05:57 PM
I think I have a bit part as a Judge in this.

I think Dark Judge Sauropodd is in the IDW book.

Judge Brian

You would think that it would be a perfect time for the pro democracy factions to rally for change. Maybe have Anderson run against Hershey for the top spot.

Link Prime

Quote from: sauchie olympics on 13 February, 2014, 04:54:45 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 13 February, 2014, 02:37:12 PM
Apart from the forthcoming Dark Justice, do we have any idea when Wagner will be returning to Dredd as ongoing writer?

John Wagner turns 65 years old this year.

So he does.
I find it hard to believe he won't be wrapping his Dredd up with (at least) one more extended run though.

We can assume that Dark Justice will be the last of The Dark Judges & PJ Maybe, but there has to be more to come from Wagner. Much more.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 February, 2014, 12:30:50 PM
We can assume that Dark Justice will be the last of... PJ Maybe...

We can?  :o
@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

Quote from: Judge Brian on 14 February, 2014, 09:10:04 PM
Maybe have Anderson run against Hershey for the top spot.
I can't see that in Anderson's character at all. In fact would a Psi even be allowed to be Chief Judge. For that matter have we ever seen a SJS psi ? Why _aren't_ Psi Div in control even if they aren't :)

TordelBack

Quote from: James Stacey on 17 February, 2014, 01:35:42 PM
I can't see that in Anderson's character at all.

She was Head of Psi Div in the original version of 2120, must be some ambition in there somewhere. 

Link Prime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 February, 2014, 01:31:20 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 17 February, 2014, 12:30:50 PM
We can assume that Dark Justice will be the last of... PJ Maybe...

We can?  :o

Call it a hunch Jimbo.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: James Stacey on 17 February, 2014, 01:35:42 PM
I can't see that in Anderson's character at all. In fact would a Psi even be allowed to be Chief Judge. For that matter have we ever seen a SJS psi ? Why _aren't_ Psi Div in control even if they aren't :)

They're famously too unstable/highly strung/unreliable to ever hold the Chief Cheez's chair. Shenker held a place on the council longer than almost any other council member to date, then was 'invited' to step down to spend time sorting out his woefully underperforming department, remember. As long ago as Total War Justice Department were grumbling about Psi-Div's diminished sucess rate and wondering why the hell they hadn't seen it coming, and they only seem to have become more marginalised than ever since then. One talented cadet aside, they completely missed Chaos Day. They're very much a department in decline these days, so it would be quite a surprise to see a psi considered for the top spot.
@jamesfeistdraws