Main Menu

Most Reprinted 2000AD Stories?

Started by japandroid, 18 October, 2014, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

The initial run of Rogue Trooper has to be fairly high on the list?

japandroid

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 October, 2014, 03:30:25 PM
The initial run of Rogue Trooper has to be fairly high on the list?
RT is possibly the most maligned popular 2000AD character. Even Pat Mills never misses an opportunity to stick the knife in. I haven't read it in over 25 years but it sure still looks nice.

Frank

Quote from: japandroid on 19 October, 2014, 04:44:18 PM
RT is possibly the most maligned popular 2000AD character. Even Pat Mills never misses an opportunity to stick the knife in

Mills is extremely supportive of Gerry Finley-Day as a writer, and was instrumental in getting him back to work on a special one-off Rogue Trooper story a few years ago. Presumably, Mills wasn't a fan of the formulaic Horst stuff or what came after it, but then not many people are. Alan Grant is a more frequent critic of GFD's story telling (and typing) abilities, partly because he had to perform un-credited rewrites on his scripts to make them fit for publication.

japandroid

Yeah, I must get round to reading it again, there was also something about the Venus Blue Jeans story line teaching young boys to distrust women!

Timothy

Quote from: japandroid on 19 October, 2014, 08:11:05 PM
Yeah, I must get round to reading it again, there was also something about the Venus Blue Jeans story line teaching young boys to distrust women!

Nah, Sister Sledge had already taught that long before Venus came along.

maryanddavid

Bollands Death has to be it.

Original printing
Best of
law in order
case files

Titan,
Judge Death Album was in print from 83-93(?) with several printings
and in a bigger collection in 95
digest books

Eagle comics
Dredd monthly
law of dredd

IDW

Bolland collection

Did Hamlyn collect any? or IDW in the classics. Any continental reprints?

Other near contenders would be The Cursed Earth of Apocalypse War. The horned God had huge sales in the continent as well as various American and British Editions as did the Dredd/Batman in various languages on the continent.
Dredd the law of dredd

japandroid

Maybe Terra Meks was just wishful thinking. I still say it's the best 2000AD story, every home should have one.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: maryanddavid on 19 October, 2014, 11:13:22 PM
Bollands Death has to be it.

Original printing
Best of
law in order
case files

Titan,
Judge Death Album was in print from 83-93(?) with several printings
and in a bigger collection in 95
digest books

Eagle comics
Dredd monthly
law of dredd

IDW

Bolland collection

Did Hamlyn collect any? or IDW in the classics. Any continental reprints?

Other near contenders would be The Cursed Earth of Apocalypse War. The horned God had huge sales in the continent as well as various American and British Editions as did the Dredd/Batman in various languages on the continent.
Dredd the law of dredd
It was also in a the FCBD IDW book from 2013.